To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Lost access to 1Password account master password

Options
arkut
arkut
Community Member

I recently changed my 1password account password (the one to access the website). I stored a copy of my new master password in another password management service, and tested it a couple times. It worked fine. An hour later, neither the new nor the old password works to access my account, on the web or in the 1Password 6 app for Windows.

I have the software version of the app on Mac and iOS, so I could just forget about the account entirely, but I was hoping to share it with family members, I paid for an account, and the Windows version seems to only work with the account, so I'd like to make it work.

I haven't added anything specifically to my account vault, so I don't mind resetting everything. Any help you could provide would be appreciated.

1Password Version: 6.7.457
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@arkut: There isn't anything we can do to reset or recover your Master Password for you since that's only known by you. And 1Password cannot decrypt your data unless it is entered exactly. But if you have all of your data elsewhere, you can always start over with a new account. Just be sure to save a copy of your Emergency Kit with your Master Password in a safe place in case you ever need it in the future. If you have things setup differently on your devices (for example, different vaults/accounts). If you're certain you want to start over, just follow the instructions in the email I've sent. Then you can create a brand new account. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.