Set default vault for items created via web interface?

rdouglass
rdouglass
Community Member

Is there a way to set the default vault for new items being created via the web interface?

My significant other and I recently moved over from Dropbox sync to Families and we're trying to replicate our setup. We don't in our 'private' vaults and instead each have a separate vault shared with each other. I'm on Linux, and am excited to be able to create entries on a computer instead of always on my phone. At the moment it looks like I can create the entries via 1Password.com, but then have to move the items via my phone so that I don't actually keep the login details hidden from my significant other. If there's some setting I'm missing in the web interface that would let me set the default vault for new entries, I'd be all set!

Thanks in advance for any help/answers/etc!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Linux
Sync Type: Families
Referrer: forum-search:Set default vault for items created via web interface?

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@rdouglass: Ah, this is interesting! Thanks for getting in touch. I think regardless you're right that it would be helpful to have a "default vault for saving" for All Vaults in the web interface the way the native apps do. However, if you select an individual vault in 1Password.com instead of All Vaults, any new items you create there will be stored in that vault. Does that help?

• rdouglass
    rdouglass
    Community Member

Ah, that's great, I hadn't realized that! That's definitely a pretty good start. Thanks for letting me know!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

You're totally welcome! We're here if you need anything else. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.