Received notification of an update. Updated and now 1Password will not fill in the login info

Received notification of an update. Updated and now 1Password will not fill in the login information. I use latest version of Safari.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Received notification of an update. Updated and now 1Password will not fill in the login inforemati

Comments

• scottatober
    scottatober
    Community Member

Additional information. I have MacOS 10.12.6 and iPassword version is 6.8.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Hi @scottatober - sorry to hear you're having trouble with 1Password and Safari just now -- I'd like you to update your 1Password for Mac install to the latest version (6.8.2), then restart your Mac and try again. Let us know whether that solves things.

• scottatober
    scottatober
    Community Member

I am new. How do I update to 6.8.2? Was the update notification I received today to fix things in 1Password from 1Password?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@scottatober -- I can't say without knowing more about what you received. Where did you see this update notification, and what did it say, specifically?

• scottatober
    scottatober
    Community Member

I am not sure how to retrieve the notification. It was not an email and came in my Notification Center on my Mac. It said it was an update for fixing a number of items and listed them, approximately 6-8 items. The heading message ended with thanking users for their input and that users help make 1Password better. There was a green box in the lower left corner of the message with the word "Fix" in it and in the lower right corner was the blue "update and install" box.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2017

@scottatober - you can update to by opening 1Password and choosing "Check for updates" from the 1Password menu at the top left of your screen. Try that, and let us know if you're successful. See if anything changes with respect to filling in forms, as well.

• scottatober
    scottatober
    Community Member

I downloaded the 6.8.2 package from your website, installed it and restarted my computer. When I go to the software license it still shows version 6.8. The website I had a problem with is still not being filled in. I have tried several other websites and 1Password is working.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@scottatober - OK, so this is an issue with filling on one site. Would you be willing to post the site you're having difficulties with here, so we can test it ourselves?

Regarding the update, please click on the 1Password menu and choose About 1Password -- let us know what you see. The version number should be right there near the top of the pop-up window. Thanks. :)

• scottatober
    scottatober
    Community Member

Lars, it shows 6.8.2. The site is Verizon, the home page to log into your account.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@scottatober - I'm glad to hear the version is up-to-date. :)

In regard to Verizon, to be clear, this is the URL you're having difficulty with? https://www.verizonwireless.com/my-verizon/ Please confirm.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@scottatober - Thanks for the confirmation; it looks to be more or less the same thing. What you may need to do is create a multi-page login. Give those steps a try, and see if that works for you.

• scottatober
    scottatober
    Community Member

Ok, I will try that next. Should I be concerned in anyway about the Notification Center message that there was an update for 1Password which I then did? Just want to make sure it was some phishing message.

• scottatober
    scottatober
    Community Member

Oops. that it was NOT some phishing message.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@scottatober - Again, I can't say regarding the update message you received. However, if it helps, I doubt you're being phished, because the attacker would have to have access to your Mac and also know you are a 1Password user. If you can think of a way to retrieve or reply that message, I'd be happy to take a look at it, but without being able to do that, I can't say with 100% certainty.

• scottatober
    scottatober
    Community Member

Lars I had to create a separate log in for the User ID and the Password to use 1Password to access the site. It just did not want to trigger from the User ID page to the Password page. So I used the final approach in the instructions you linked me to. So now I can use 1Password for this one particular site and have learned how to deal with this issue again if I experience it in the future. Thank you so very much for your help and "patience" with this relatively new 1Password user. It is much appreciated.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@scottatober -- Well, I'm sorry it was such a pain, but I'm glad you eventually got things sorted, and I'm even more glad to have helped you -- that's what we're here for, after all! Feel free to drop by anytime if you hit anything you think ought to work but just doesn't seem to be working. If you're the type of person who likes to solve his own problems, you might also be interested in our support site, which has a lot of instructions and walk-throughs for common problems. Have a great week!

This discussion has been closed.