1Password is no longer listed in my toolbar - and I can't seem to access it anywhere.

1Password is no longer listed in my toolbar - and I can't seem to access it anywhere. Have tried logging into account - no luck there either.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS Sierra 10.12.6
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:account not in bar

Comments

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member
    edited September 2017

Hi there @bbett :)
    Sorry for the trouble. Which toolbar? Your browser toolbar? The Mac OS menu bar? Where have you tried to log in and what happens? I need some more information in order to try and help you through this.

Cheers :)
    Corey

• bbett
    bbett
    Community Member
    edited September 2017

It used to be sitting in the toolbar in Mac OS. Cant' find it there or in Applications. So then, I tried to login at https://my.1password.com/signin/

I'm using the @yahoo.com email
    secret key
    password

No luck.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@bbett: If you're just missing the 1Password extension in your browser, you can install it from our website:

https://agilebits.com/onepassword/extensions

But make sure you have the 1Password app installed as well (you didn't mention having any version installed):

https://1password.com/downloads/

I hope this helps. Be sure to let us know if you have any other questions! :)

• bbett
    bbett
    Community Member
    edited September 2017

I had tried installing the extension - and I gave me an error message.

What doesn't make sense is that I've been using 1Password for quite some time now - so have a version installed. Just have no clue why it isn't currently working nor can I find it.

• bbett
    bbett
    Community Member

FYI - it is a TEAM version I have.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

I had tried installing the extension - and I gave me an error message.

@bbett: What's the error message you're seeing? It sounds like maybe the browser's extension database is corrupt, but that's just a guess with so little information.

What doesn't make sense is that I've been using 1Password for quite some time now - so have a version installed. Just have no clue shy it isn't currently working nor can I find it. FYI - it is a TEAM version I have.

You can find them using this guide:

Find your version

The more information you can give, the better. Thanks in advance! :)

• bbett
    bbett
    Community Member

Safari can't install this extension. An error occurred while installing the extension.

Version 4.6.11

I actually recall yesterday or the day before doing an updated on 1Password, after which 1Password notified me there were older versions installed on the computer and suggested I delete the older versions, which I did.

This current problem began after a restart of the computer.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@bbett: Ah, that's what I thought. Thanks for letting me know! Generally it's fairly straightforward to fix Safari when this happens. Just go to Safari Preferences > Extensions and remove 1Password from there manually. Then install a fresh copy from our website. If you allow Safari to install the Gallery version when prompted, it should automatically update itself going forward. Let me know if that helps!

• bbett
    bbett
    Community Member

I did this, but regretfully it is not working. Is there anything I need to do after installing?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@bbett: Can you elaborate on what is not working? Are you seeing the 1Password "keyhole" icon in Safari now? What happens when you click it?

• bbett
    bbett
    Community Member
    edited September 2017

That's the problem - no keyhole icon in safari.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@bbett: Thanks for letting me know. Make sure it's showing as installed in Safari Preferences > Extensions. Then you'll need to add the button to your toolbar if it's been removed.

• bbett
    bbett
    Community Member

• bbett
    bbett
    Community Member

Added to toolbar. Then clicked to open.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@bbett: Aha! The plot thickens! Thank you! Have you installed and setup the main 1Password app? It needs to be running for the browser extension to function. That's why Safari is complaining. It's also possible that something in your system has changed things so that 1Password isn't set as the default to handle that URL scheme, so rebooting and installing a fresh copy may help.

• bbett
    bbett
    Community Member

I am now good to go - thanks. Appreciate your help and patience.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Excellent! Thanks for the update. You are most welcome! It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. We're here for you! :)

This discussion has been closed.