Widget not working, where to enter my license?

Options
jaisrael
jaisrael
Community Member

My Chrome widget suddenly went grey, when I try to sign in it asks for my password, which I don't have. I do have a license, but can't figure out where to enter that.

1Password Version: 6.8.2
Extension Version: 4.6.11.91
OS Version: 10.12.6
Sync Type: dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:Widget not working, where to enter my license?

Comments

• jaisrael
    jaisrael
    Community Member
    Options

I get this message. But don't know where enter the Lic#

We couldn't find a 1Password account registered with your email address:.

Do you have a license instead? We only checked to see if your email is registered with a 1Password subscription account. If you don't have a 1Password subscription, you may have purchased a license for 1Password. You can look up your license to use it on a new device..

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @jaisrael! Sorry to hear you're having trouble with 1Password. Chrome is a self-updating application (you grant it those permissions when you install it), and sometimes, after it does an update (or during an update), the code signature validation no longer matches what version of Chrome you're actually using, so 1Password in Chrome will fail to work because it failed the validation check.

Fortunately, this is pretty easy fix: type chrome://extensions into Chrome's URL bar. Locate the 1Password extension and disable, then remove it. Quit and restart Chrome, then visit https://agilebits.com/onepassword/extensions to re-install the 1Password extension. Your Chrome extension should work from there.

Regarding the issue of account vs license, the two are different. Where did you purchase your license for 1Password for Mac? From us, or via the Mac App Store? Do you know approximately when you purchased?

• jaisrael
    jaisrael
    Community Member
    Options

I did what you suggested and I am fixed. Thanks!

• jaisrael
    jaisrael
    Community Member
    Options

And I purchased the app from the Mac App store, don't recall when, sometime 3-5 years ago.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@jaisrael -- excellent! Glad to hear it. Let us know if there's anything else we can do for you. Have a great week! :)

This discussion has been closed.