ios 11, safari and firefox and 1password icon/usage

avinator
avinator
Community Member
edited September 2017 in iOS

I don't seem to see the 1password icon to autofill in firefox
For some reason I can't use the autofill option in safari either. Am I missing anything ?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @avinator

Have you tried following these instructions?

Use the 1Password extension to fill in Safari and apps on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Please let us know. :)

Ben

• avinator
    avinator
    Community Member
    edited September 2017

yes I did... If I open firefox I don't even see the 1password icon under the share icon...enapss shows up, 1password doesn't.

Under the Safari browser I do see the icon under the share icon but it does nothing when I tap to autofill....

On the other hand, Enpass does seem to work flawlessly

• Did you check under “More” on the bottom row of icons?

Ben

• prime
    prime
    Community Member

@Ben I have the same issue, and nothing at all under “more”. Works fine in safari.

• @prime

I’m not able to reproduce that on my devices. You’re definitely looking under “more” on the bottom row, not the top row, right?

Ben

• prime
    prime
    Community Member
    edited September 2017

@Ben Yup! I looked on both to be sure also

• AGKyle
    AGKyle
    1Password Alumni

@prime

This is unfortunately expected behavior. It looks like a couple weeks ago Firefox got some reports of some share sheet issues and their fix for now has broken support for 1Password's app extension. You can see some details here:

https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1394786

This appears to be temporary, and we've done some research but are unable to find a cause for this on our side so we've reached out to the appropriate people to see if we can get some help on the topic in case it is a bug on our side.

Sorry about the trouble though. This one caught us off guard last week when we originally learned about it.

• prime
    prime
    Community Member

@AGKyle thanks. I hope they fix it soon.

• I missed it because I was using an older version of Firefox. Agreed, hopefully this is fixed soon!

Ben

• avinator
    avinator
    Community Member
    edited September 2017

It appears it’s working For me in Safari as well. Hey Ben, don’t think it’s wise to use the latest versions of browsers ;) ?

• philmcole
    philmcole
    Community Member

Hello,

I think there was a time when FireFox supported the 1Password Share Sheet extension. Now after upgrading to iOS 11 it seems to be gone? At least I can’t find it anymore.

1Password Version: 6.9
    OS Version: iOS 11.0
    Sync Type: iCloud

• @philmcole

Please see Kyle’s post, above: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/391137/#Comment_391137

@avinator

You got me. :tongue:
    That said I don’t really use Firefox on iOS. I just have it installed to test issues like this one.

Ben

• tommywhited
    tommywhited
    Community Member

@AGKyle Do you mind updating us if you hear anything? Im experiencing the same issue.

• AGKyle
    AGKyle
    1Password Alumni

@tommywhited

Sure, I can try there. I have not heard anything as of yet. Unfortunately. Mozilla has a bugzilla task to bring support back, you can follow it here. If you log in there's a follow button that will send you emails when the task is updated. This is likely going to be the best way to get a status update in a timely manner.

• Spaldo
    Spaldo
    Community Member

Hopefully this is fixed soon, it is hard to use the browser without it! Might have to switch to another browser in the meantime

• Spaldo
    Spaldo
    Community Member

Does anyone have suggestions for iPhone browsing that works with 1Password?

I’ve tried looking at this list; https://blog.agilebits.com/1password-apps/

Firefox - Broken
    Dolphin - Broken
    Flow - Can’t download in Australia
    Mercury - Can’t download in Australia
    Safari - No thanks

• prime
    prime
    Community Member

I’ve been trying different browsers and it just seems I always go back to Safari. @Spaldo, why don’t you like Safari? The new update in iOS 11 is great with the extra privacy settings.

• Spaldo
    Spaldo
    Community Member

@prime yeah, doesn’t look like there are many more options. I might have to give it a go again

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Yeah I'm liking it too. If I were a Firefox fan though I'd miss it for bookmark syncing at least. Here's hoping Vivaldi makes a good showing.

• Spaldo
    Spaldo
    Community Member

Yeah, the tab sync and bookmark sync is handy

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Ah, that makes sense. I can only imagine what my tab habit would be like if I used Firefox full time. It's always way out of control without syncing. haha

• matze58
    matze58
    Community Member
    edited September 2017

All our devices have the actual update from 1PW and Firefox!

1Password Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Not Provided
    Sync Type: Not Provided
    Referrer: forum-search:On all our ios devices (11.0) in Firefox there is no longer the 1pw icon

• Spaldo
    Spaldo
    Community Member

Firefox removed 1Pass due to some issue:

https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/82271/ios-11-safari-and-firefox-and-1password-icon-usage#latest

They are working on it and hopefully should be fixed soon

• alienmeatsack
    alienmeatsack
    Community Member

Same FF bug here, I use FF all the time so looking forward to this being fixed. I’ve had to move to Safari and Chrome in the meantime.

Spaldo - you dont have Chrome on your list, have you tried it? It’s not the best ever but it works w 1P in 11 for the time being, could be a stop gap until you find the one browser you love or FF is fixed.

• Spaldo
    Spaldo
    Community Member

Hi @alienmeatsack , no I didn’t know Chrome had 1Pass support. I just gave it a go and although it takes extra clicks found the icon, however, it didn’t actually fill in the form when I selected the login :( does yours work?

• alienmeatsack
    alienmeatsack
    Community Member

Good question @Spaldo let me try! YES it does!!

• alienmeatsack
    alienmeatsack
    Community Member
    edited September 2017

Here’s the before shot, it didn’t attach for some reason, showing the plugin in Chrome before filling the form.

I just confirmed it also works in Chrome on the iPhone 7+ under iOS 11 as well by logging into Kickstarter.com.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Indeed, that helps! Hopefully Mozilla can fix this so it's no longer an issue though. :) :+1:

• Spaldo
    Spaldo
    Community Member

@alienmeatsack sorry; I was talking about the iOS app. It was strange, the first site I tried logging into with the Chrome app & 1Pass didn’t fill the form out. But, I just tried two others and it worked fine.

It’s just a shame you have to press extra buttons to get to 1Pass in the Chrome app.

As @brenty said, let’s hope FF fix it and we can stop whining :)

• alienmeatsack
    alienmeatsack
    Community Member

@Spaldo - Indeed! Glad I was able to help a little and that you got yours to work. Maybe you can hobble along in Chrome until FF is back. I know the devs there work hard and they are probably scrambling to get this resolved since they don’t want to lose their iOS users, esp us here, over some silly bug they missed.

@brenty - if you’d like a screen recording of anything let me know, if it helps.

I am FF 99.9% of the time. I’ve had to use the ‘others’ even on the computer from time to time because of their wierd 1Password behavior. Like my bank changed their site and now I have to use 2 entries in 1P to log in in 2 steps. Another site, it just doens’t Work in some browsers and works in others.

Makes you appreciate how much work the AB team puts into this, its not just a great utility backed by a great team, they also have to work hard to keep it perfect. I for one wish the problem was in their hands, as I know we’d have a fix in a few days vs Mozilla who might take a few weeks.

But as you said Spaldo, we can only hope they fix it. I thinkwe’ve Probably done more debugging on their app then they have at this point just to see if its us or them :D 1P is worth every moment of effort to me, it’s my everything.

This discussion has been closed.