Unable to move items from iCloud Keychain to 1Password

Options
benrfairless
benrfairless
Community Member

Hi All,

I'm trying to import over 600 items from my iCloud Keychain into 1Password. I was able to do this when I bought 1Password however I'm not able to import new stuff since upgrading to High Sierra

When I try to run the AppleScript to automate password entry, I get the below error:
"System Events got an error: Can’t get window 1 of process "SecurityAgent". Invalid index."

This doesn't happen at the end, rather at the beginning (or after 1 successful password entry).

Is anyone having similar issues?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: High Sierra
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:"System Events got an error: Can’t get window 1 of process "SecurityAgent". Invalid index."

Comments

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited September 2017
    Options

@benrfairless ,

I haven't run the script yet in High Sierra. The AppleScript helper just sets up the command line for you, and for Keychain exporting via the security command, there is a script you can run that just presses the Allow button until it no longer can. If either doesn't work, until I can test it on High Sierra, you might want to just run the keychain conversion and the security command lines manually. Ask if you need help with this.

Tedious, to be sure.

• benrfairless
    benrfairless
    Community Member
    Options

HI @MrC,

I'm not far enough in to be able to export - I'm literally copying from the iCloud Keychain (which can't be exported by itself as far as I gather) into a keychain that can be exported.

Could you help me with some example commands?

Thanks
    Ben

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited September 2017
    Options

@benrfairless ,

Oh, OK. The error message you received would have been from the AppleScript helper. If you've not yet exported your iCloud Keychain, it won't work.

Did you follow the instructions in the README.pdf for making the local icloud keychain, copying your items into it, and then running the security command to export them? There is no direct access to the iCloud keychain by the security command (which does the exporting), so you have to copy them in bulk by yourself.

Since I don't have High Sierra, I haven't been able to test that I can copy iCloud keychain items yet.

This discussion has been closed.