Help! Synchronisation.

Options
JonPierson
JonPierson
Community Member

I have:

2 x MacBook Pros (a 15" Mid 2014 with 1Password Version 6.8.2 (682002) and a 17" Mid 2010 with 1Password 6 Version 6.8.3 (682003))
1 x old iPad with... I don't know how to find the version of 1Password on my iPad
1 x iPhone 6 with... it says "Version 6.9" just under "Recommend 1Password" in Settings
1 x Windows 10 laptop that I have not intalled 1Password on, yet.

Everything was going fine until I dug out my old 17" MacBook to use for an MSc. in Cyber Security I've just started. I had my 15" MacBook, my iPad and my iPhone all talking to each other and my master password worked on all three devices.

This sounds dumb but I don't know what I've done.

1Password is working perfectly on my 15" MacBook and it is working fine with my iPhone 6 and synchronising as I would expect. I can sign into 1Password, on my iPhone 6, with the master password (and my finger print).

For some reason, I can no longer sign in to 1Password on my iPad or on my 17" MacBook.

To be honest, I messed up 1Password a few years ago and ended up losing everything and having to start afresh, I don't want that to happen again.

I would really like to know how to back up my 1Password - so that I don't lose everything - and get all my devices synchronised again, and then I will attempt to install it on my Windows laptop.

Thank you.

1Password Version: Mostly 6
Extension Version: 4.6.1 (on 15" MacBook only)
OS Version: macOS 10.12.6 / iOS 9.3.5 (iPad) / iOS 10.3.3 (iPh
Sync Type: Maybe that's the problem?

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2017
    Options

Hi @JonPierson -- sorry to hear you're having sync troubles just now. First of all, don't panic. If your data were in sync before you brought out the 17" MBP, then a copy of your data remains safe. 1Password makes backups of local data approximately once per day; you can see this in Preferences > Backup. Or, if you have a 1password.com account, then 1Password makes offsite backups for you, right on our servers. Either way, as long as you can still unlock 1Password, it's doubtful you've lost your data. So breathe a little easier. :)

However, given the relatively large number of devices and the mismatched sync, I'd like to get a closer look at the specific setup(s) you've got going. To do that, I'd like to ask you to create some diagnostics reports, one from each of your devices.

—Mac—
    https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/?mac

—iOS—
    https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/?ios

Please add the following code (including the square brackets) to the Subject line of your diagnostics emails before sending them:

[#THT-91756-317]

This will link your diagnostics to our current discussion. We'll take a look and let you know what we find out.

Note: for anyone else reading, please note: this ID is for @JonPierson only. If you’re experiencing the same issue and need help, please ask us for your own ID.

This discussion has been closed.