Secure note contents repeated multiple times

Options
jaked.902
jaked.902
Community Member

Sometimes whenr I update a secure note on my phone, I end up with all information in the note duplicated (or triplicated, etc.). All the information in the note will be repeated multiple times.

This has been happening for as long as I've been using 1P and is a huge pain to clean up as it's very difficult to tell which information in the note is the newest. How do I avoid this?

Please note this is not the first time I have complained about this issue, the last time I never received any response from logs sent.

Please advise.

1Password Version: 6.8.1
Extension Version: 4.6.11
OS Version: 10.12.6
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @jaked.902 -- sorry to hear you're having trouble with this just now. It's been a persistent issue not because it's unfixed or unfixable, but because the peculiar combination of circumstances a user has to have for this to manifest is still used by some people. One of them is Dropbox sync, which you indicated you're using. The second is that your sync keychain is in the older Agile Keychain format instead of the newer OPVault. May I ask: is that also the case for you?

If so, the best way to solve this is to follow these instructions to convert your sync keychain in Dropbox from the older format to the newer OPVault. Then (unfortunately), manually edit the Secure Notes in question, to remove the unwanted === lines and subsequent repeated text. Let us know how that works for you, and sorry for the trouble.

This discussion has been closed.