Combining 1password items between macbooks

Options
noah_forums
noah_forums
Community Member

I am running 1password 6.8.2 on separate macbook pros. I do not want to use a cloud service to do this. I want to combine the entries between the two applications. Here is what I mean. I want to take the entries from the first macbook and place those entries in the 1password application on the second macbook. And I want to take the entries from the second macbook and place those entries in the application on the first macbook. Is that possible?
Cheers

1Password Version: 6.8.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX 10.12.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @noah_forums! What you're asking is certainly possible, but what I'm wondering is: how will you keep these two separate installations in sync afterwards? Once you complete such a process, you'll be left with two identical copies of your 1Password data, on two different Macs. That's great!...except as soon as you change the data in any way on either Mac (add a new item, change an existing one, like maybe change the password for an item on one, delete items, etc), those two copies will no longer be in sync. And the more time passes, the less identical these two datasets will be. Are you looking to keep them identical (i.e. - synced) over time, or do you just want to make them identical now, and you don't care about syncing for the future?

• noah_forums
    noah_forums
    Community Member
    Options

At this time they can be manually sync'ed.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@noah_forums -- OK, then in that case, you'll want to create a Folder Sync setup using a removable drive or USB flash drive. Make sure you make a backup of your data on each MacBook Pro, in case something goes wrong with merging two different vaults into one. Good luck!

This discussion has been closed.