Failed Update 6.8.2 on Mac

Options
samdix
samdix
Community Member

Sept 20, 2017 New version 6.8.2 won't update, error says "Download Failed" an SSL error has occurred and a secure connection to the server cannot be made". Very strange. I also downloaded the new version from your site and it won't install either. It opens a window that shows 1Password 6 and 1Password mini. Then it quits the install automatically. So I can't update anything. This happened on the last update and I've been using 1Password for 7 years and this has not happened before. Please Fix.

1Password Version: 6.8.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X El Capitan Version 10.11.6
Sync Type: Local Folder
Referrer: forum-search:Failed Update 6.8.2 on Mac

Comments

• clivekay
    clivekay
    Community Member
    Options

I had similar , but it said the version was corrupt and please re download from the app store. No good, so deleted the original and downloaded 6.8.1 as a previous version from this site and all OK now .. Test the B thing !!!!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2017
    Options

Hi @samdix - sorry to hear you're experiencing trouble with this. Do you happen to have any VPN, proxy or other internet filtering software (anti-virus) installed and running? That may account for such an error.

ref: ERL-94542-944

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@clivekay -- I'm not sure where that leaves things. Obviously, we're sorry you had issues updating 1Password, but are you saying you had the Mac App Store version and it gave you an error regarding corruption, and you wound up downloading from us instead of the Mac App Store? I'm glad if you're all squared away, but it's difficult for me to offer any thoughts based on what you've posted. If you've got the situation resolved satisfactorily, then glad to hear it. If you're still needing help or looking for our input on why something happened, can you elaborate a bit on what you observed and what steps you've taken so far? Thanks.

• clivekay
    clivekay
    Community Member
    Options

I tried the 6.8.2 version from your site and that said it was corrupt as well. Anyway the 6.8.1 version works for me.. Macbook Pro latest version , no VPN , No virus software .....

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@clivekay - I'd like you to try following the steps outlined in this AgileBits Proven Solution. Let us know if that works for you.

• samdix
    samdix
    Community Member
    Options

No Lars, I don't use a VPN, or proxy or anti-virus on my Mac, or anything like that.
    Even the download won't install - as I said the error that was produced said Security error, SSL ...why would that suddenly be happening when I have downloaded other software - and it installed just fine. I download themes, plugins, software and no problems.
    Also, this happened at the last update but I went to the website and downloaded it directly.

The Updates are not installing from the software itself. Any more clues as to why? I've used this for 7 years - no problems.

• samdix
    samdix
    Community Member
    Options

I sent my diagnostic report to the Support Department this morning on this problem.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@samdix -- I've replied to you via email; to minimize confusion, let's keep the conversation going over there, if you don't mind.

ref: ERL-94542-944

• pkcarney
    pkcarney
    Community Member
    Options

I'm having the same issue. Now I have no 1Password on my desktop computer.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @pkcarney -- sorry to hear you've had the issue with updating as well. I'd like you to try the steps outlined in the AgileBits Proven Solution https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/390829/#Comment_390829 and let us know how that works for you. Thanks!

• pkcarney
    pkcarney
    Community Member
    Options

Lars,
    Thanks. I saw your earlier post about where to find downloadable installers. I did it and so far everything is OK. I, like everyone who uses this software, depend on it to remember what I'll never remember.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I couldn't agree more! Glad that helped. We're here if you need anything else! :)

This discussion has been closed.