1Password Browser User Agent String

jackCA
jackCA
Community Member

Hi Guys,

I logged into one of my accounts today directly from within the 1Password App and I was warned that the version of Google Chrome I was using was old.

I'm not using Google Chrome, I'm using the 1Password Browser (which uses Safari) but you're transmitting a User Agent version string of 50.0.2661.102. This version was released in May 2016.

Come on folks!

We're in September 2017 and the current version is 61.0.3163.100.

Could somebody please update the numerical string because some websites with a login page won't allow me to use what they see as an ancient version of Chrome.

I've not checked the Safari string but that's probably old too.

This should really be something that you include in your pre-release schedule as you're going to cause your customers difficulties.

1Password Version: 6.9
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 11.0
Sync Type: 1Password Account

Comments

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Hi @jackCA,

Thanks for reporting this. Indeed, the User Agent strings for the 1Password Browser (aka 1Browser) do need another refresh and I've filed an internal issue to get that done.

ref: OPI-4207

• jackCA
    jackCA
    Community Member
    edited September 2017

Cool, thanks for getting onto this.

Please add this to your pre-release procedure (i.e. check it every time prior to 1Password being pushed out to the App Store) as it's a small yet very important detail. :)

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

I've passed along your "pre-release procedure" feedback to our developers, @jackCA. Thanks for mentioning that, too. :)

This discussion has been closed.