Cannot get Firefox to connect with 1pass app on Win10

I am using the most recent version of Firefox (can't find the v. num, but I installed it today) and a new Win 10. I have successfully installed the 1password plugin (4.6.11.91) but it won't connect to the 1password app and does nothing when clicked on. I can see the plugin in the menu bar:
https://gyazo.com/8da068264a746fad4ab408b1b62abf5d

But when I click on it, even tho' the icon reacts and animates, nothing happens.

Moreover, during the install process, it never reaches the last stage where the browser is supposed to show that I've connected with the application and a drop-down sign-in window displays.

I have successfully installed, connected and activated a plugin on this machine for Chrome... but it doesn't seem to work for Firefox.

1Password Version: 6.7.457
Extension Version: 4.6.11.91
OS Version: Win 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• @Little_Angel: Just to make sure I'm fully following here, are you seeing that you're unable to get 1Password mini to display when you click the extension icon? Have you already signed into your account via the desktop app? If you click the 1Password icon in your notification area, are you able to get mini to display there? This is odd, but this extra info may give me a better idea of what might be going on. :+1:

• Little_Angel
    Little_Angel
    Community Member

The 1password desktop app is running. I am able to run the mini-display from the menu marked with the ^ symbol to the right on the toolbar. In FF the icon animates, but nothing happens. When I download the plug-in (which I've tried a couple of times) the download page has a "last step" that indicates the plug-in will activate and tell me that it has successfully connected to the desktop app, which it doesn't.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

@Little_Angel: Thank you for this additional info!

If you see 1Password icon in Firefox, it means that the extension has been already installed. However, for some reason, it doesn't connect to 1Password app on your PC.

First of all, are you able to reproduce the issue in Chrome or 1Password extension works fine there?

Secondly, please create a Diagnostics Report from your PC, where you have this issue:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Windows)

Attach the Diagnostics Report to an email message addressed to support+windows@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostic Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your report in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Suapport ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. This report will be really helpful. Thank you!

Cheers,
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.