Does the latest version of 1password have Touch ID login for the iPhone?

awdavismd
awdavismd
Community Member

Have had 1password forever, but want to upgrade if there is support for Touch ID on my iPhone (which I do not have on my current version). It works well on my ipad, but does not show up on my iPhone with my current version

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: os 11.0
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Touch ID on iPhone

Comments

• Hi @awdavismd,

Thanks for taking the time to write in. Yes, 1Password 6 for iOS supports Touch ID (on capable devices):

Use Touch ID to unlock 1Password on your iPhone or iPad - 1Password Support

You can find 1Password 6 for iOS on the App Store, here:

1Password 6 for iOS - iTunes App Store

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• abnormaldan
    abnormaldan
    Community Member

Related:
    Since I upgraded to IOS11, I no longer see the fingerprint icon on the app's login, allowing me to use my stored Touch ID.
    I used to use Touch ID all the time to login to 1P.
    In fact, I used it so much, I can no longer remember my Master Password!

Please tell me there's some way to get in using Touch ID.

• @abnormaldan

If Touch ID is not currently available in 1Password the only way to re-enable it is by entering the correct Master Password. We have a guide which may be helpful:

If you forgot your Master Password or you can't unlock 1Password

I hope that helps!

Ben

• jhorn
    jhorn
    Community Member
    edited September 2017

1Password, you have a bug, and a fairly significant one I may add. This morning fingerprint ID was no longer an option for me on my ios 11 device w/ 1Password version 6.9 (69008). I had forgotten my password and spent the next hour trying to remember it (became so used to just signing in with my fingerprint). After FINALLY remembering my master password I went immediately to 1Password Security settings and Touch ID was ENABLED!!!

Even with it enabled, if I lock my phone, Touch ID is not an option for logging in.

• @jhorn,

Touch ID being enabled does not mean "Touch ID always and never Master Password." Your Master Password is what is used to encrypt your data, not Touch ID, even if it is enabled. As such it is critical that folks remember their Master Passwords. I'm glad to hear you were able to remember yours.

There is a bug with the setting 1Password > Settings > Advanced > Security > Prompt for Master Password. If this is set to "after device reboot" it will not work properly. Please try setting this to "never" instead. Even with this set to never it is important to remember your Master Password. We are working on a fix for the "after device reboot" setting, though, and hopefully that'll be available in the next update.

Just to reiterate: Touch ID is not a replacement for your Master Password. Just as it isn't a replacement for your device's passcode.

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• jhorn
    jhorn
    Community Member

Mine was already to "never". So, at least in theory, I shouldn't have been prompted for one correct?

I'm happy it worked out for me too, but I can somewhat relate with the users reporting similar issues when they discover they are no longer able to access their passwords after having done so successfully using touch ID in the past.

• @jhorn,

Even with it set to “never” you’ll still be prompted for your Master Password every time the device restarts (including when an iOS update is installed), but there should be a fingerprint icon available on the screen which will bring up the Touch ID prompt.

Do you have that icon, or does the Master Password appear to be the only field on the unlock screen?

I don’t disagree with you, and if you have suggestions on how we can make this better we’re always open to feedback. “Never prompt for the Master Password so it is okay if people forget it” unfortunately is not a solution.

Ben

• jhorn
    jhorn
    Community Member

There was no fingerprint icon.

At some point though the icon magically appeared again so I'm back to business as usual.

• Great. Thanks. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.