To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

2 vaults. 1 synced via iCloud. How can I backup the 2nd one?

UvPCP
UvPCP
Community Member

Hi there
I am syncing my main vault via iCloud. I have a second vault in which I store a big chunk of passwords as well. All working fine, although the second is not synced via iCloud.

I am about to do a clean install of my Mac (reformat).

While I never had issues with clean installs with my main vault as data is simply fetched from iCloud upon reinstall, I have no idea where the data for my second vault is stored.
How can I back it up and subsequently how do I restore it on my freshly formatted Mac?

Thanks in advance

1Password Version: 6.8.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.11.6
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Hi @UvPCP,

Thanks for taking the time to write in.

Have you considered our 1Password membership service? It includes online encrypted backups, among a host of other features:

What are the benefits of a 1Password membership?

That would certainly be the easiest way forward. If you'd rather manually back up your data you'll want to see this guide:

1Password backups

You'll want to copy the folder that opens when you click Show Files to some sort of external media, such as a flash drive, NAS, etc, so that you'll still have it after you erase the internal drive on your Mac.

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• UvPCP
    UvPCP
    Community Member

Thanks for the prompt answer Ben.
    My bad, I hadn't properly checked the count of passwords contained therein and thought these backups contained just the main vault.
    But it seems indeed to contain everything.

Thx

• You’re welcome. :) Yes the backups 1Password for Mac makes include all standalone vaults, even though iCloud can only sync the Primary vault.

If we can be of further assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.