Forum software or iOS 11?

rlgleason51
rlgleason51
Community Member

Last couple of days, I’ve had to press the forum category (lounge, windows, etc) twice. The first time brings up the ‘gear’, the second time the questions. I find this somewhat irritating.

Is this a change in iOS, or your forum software?

Thanks

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• @rlgleason51

I’m not able to reproduce this on iOS 11 on my iPad Air 2. The first tap does bring up the gear icon, but then it loads the category I tapped. No second tap needed.

Ben

• rlgleason51
    rlgleason51
    Community Member

Oh well, just be my system. Don't know why it’s happening or how to stop it.

Thanks

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Hi @rlgleason51,

Which device type are you using, does it still happen after a device restart, and in which browser(s)?

• rlgleason51
    rlgleason51
    Community Member

iPad 10.5 Pro and safari. Yes, restarts do not change.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for that info.

What I'm seeing on my iPad Air 2 after loading the main https://discussions.agilebits.com page in Safari on iOS 11:

Then it's a single tap on a category name (e.g. Account) to open the list of discussions for that category.

If you've got a content blocker enabled (under Settings > Safari > Content Blockers) that might be what's causing it to behave differently for you. Nothing else comes to my mind at the moment.

• rlgleason51
    rlgleason51
    Community Member

I don't have the option for content blockers. Could it be referenced by a different name?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@rlgleason51: That's definitely what it's called. Drives me a bit crazy that not everything in Settings shows up in a search, but here it is:

It's in a list with a bunch of other stuff in iOS Settings > Safari, so it's easy to miss. You may, however, need to have one installed for that to appear (Firefox Focus is free). Can't recall for sure. Anyway, I wish that I had the "problem" you're describing, as I often find it difficult to navigate desktop sites which expect a mouse on iOS. haha

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member

The forum software does not support iOS 10.5 properly I believe, as I have reported before:

https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/79731/forum-acting-weird-on-ipad-pro-10-5-hover

I use the same content blockers on my iPad 4 and my iPad Pro 10.5" so I don't believe content blockers are to blame here.

My guess is that the forum software does not recognise the new iPad Pro resolution and thus treats our beautiful iOS devices as ugly PC's instead of iPads...

• rlgleason51
    rlgleason51
    Community Member
    edited September 2017

Nope. Don't have it.

• I think XIII's theory may explain it.

Ben

• rlgleason51
    rlgleason51
    Community Member

You’re both probably right. I’teeeting Apple support about my safari settings are

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

:) :+1:

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member

Based on a previous discussion, Apple appears to, in iOS 11, have altered content blockers requirements.

https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/82455/how-to-download-previous-1p-ipa-versions-to-my-computer#latest

"Maybe these expert-only instructions for downgrading AdGuard for iOS can be of inspiration? (downloading an old IPA)

[removed; we cannot recommend customers follow these instructions]

Note that this won't work with the newest version of iTunes on the Mac (12.7), as Apple removed App support..."

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

After this discussion, I don't think this is related to content blockers; and "downgrading" is a world of hurt and not recommended by AgileBits or Apple (from everything I've seen).

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member

Understood!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

:) :+1:

This discussion has been closed.