I need help importing my data from Keeper. Can anyone help walk through please?

kimweinstein1
kimweinstein1
Community Member

I am on an imac 2015 with Sierra 10.12.5. Just installed 1 password today (vs 6 for mac) and trying to import files from KEEPER DESKTOP vs 10.7.4. Cannot follow the directions to use Terminal to export/import. Can you walk me through this please? I have several family medical emergencies in progress and will be leaving the country so need to have this set up. I got the onepassword-utilities-master folder, the convert_to_1p4 folder, but the 1Pimport.1pif file will not import. When I navigate File>Import?other>!P–import.1pif file I get "No items found" "View 1 Error" "Could not read items from file. Check import format."

1Password Version: 6.8.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Mac OS Sierra 10.12.5
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I need help importing my data from Keeper. Can anyone help walk through please?

Comments

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator

Hi @kimweinstein1 ,

I'm happy to help.

First, update to version 1.10 of the converter suite - it is located in Testing Bits mentioned in the first post. I suspect you have Keeper 10, which changed its exported data. The README.pdf has also been updated to reflect the Keeper Desktop export procedure.

If you do not want to worry about the conversion details, and prefer direct assistance converting your export, contact me at my email address (which is at the top of the convert_to_1p4.pl script), and we'll get it done in just a few minutes. I'll send instructions for how we will work via remote assistance. I'll work with you to ensure that none of your confidential is exposed to me.

• Thank for the assistance @MrC :smile:

• lockcuff
    lockcuff
    Community Member

@MrC I have tried the new version myself, but the converter does not find anything in the csv file. Any ideas?
    Thanks

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator

Hi @lockcuff ,

1. Which version of Keeper are you using?

2. Which platform?

• lockcuff
    lockcuff
    Community Member

Hey @MrC I was using the website, not the desktop app. Stupid me. I am all good on that now. Anyway to delete vaults I used to test?
    Thanks

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator

@lockcuff ,

That's good to hear.

Someone from Agilebits will have to comment on how to delete the vault in Familys - I'm not using it currently.

• lockcuff
    lockcuff
    Community Member

Thank You @MrC I was able to find the answer in another post. Thanks for all your help.

• @lockcuff I'd be happy to help out with that. To delete a vault from your family account, sign in to your account on 1Password.com, then click Manage under the vault's name and choose Edit > Delete Vault. You can't delete your Personal vault, so if you need to clear that one out it's best to select all the items in it and move them to the trash using one of the 1Password apps.

Learn how to create and share vaults

Hope this helps! :)

This discussion has been closed.