iOS 11: fingerprint stops working after some time

Options
luccallens
luccallens
Community Member

Hi,
Fingerprint unlock stops working after some time on the latest iOS. After entering the master password it’s fine but after some time I have to enter the password again.
All without rebooting my phone. Wasn’t like that before.

Comments

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member
    Options

Hi there @luccallens :)
    Let me rule out the more mundane answer first. If you go to Settings>Advanced>Security what does it say under "Require Master Password"?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@luccallens: Thanks for reaching out! I'm sorry for the trouble. There's an issue we're tracking here where the method we were using to handle the "lock" timer to require Master Password on previous versions of iOS which does not seem to be as reliable now. Any details you can provide would be greatly appreciated!

• luccallens
    luccallens
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty: Thanks. Well not much more details actually. All 1Password settings are the same as before iOS 11. And as @Corey_C mentioned earlier: in the advanced settings it's set to "require master password after device restart" (like it always was in my settings), however, that is obviously not the case.
    How long it takes that the fingerprint works, I don't really know as I'm not gone sit there and put a timer next to it :). My guess, a couple of hours, after that I have to re-enter the master password.

But I'll do a little test on my side and set the "require master password" setting to "Never". Probably won't change anything but hey! we won't know if I don't try. Keep you posted on my findings.

Cheers.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@luccallens: Sounds good — er, I mean in the sense that we're on the same page at least: this obviously isn't the behaviour we want, in the sense that it's become less predictable. I suspect Never will work for you, but be sure to let me know if it doesn't. In the mean time, we'll see if we can track down the cause, or at the very least find a more reliable way for 1Password to check this. I'm glad that it's erring on the side of security, requiring the Master Password sooner than expect as opposed to the opposite, but we'll do better than that and find a solution. Thanks for sharing your observations, and you patience as we work on getting this resolved!

• luccallens
    luccallens
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty: Ha!, it's ok, I know what you mean :). You're right, "Never" does the trick. So now for the sake of trying something else, let me put it on "1 Day" and let me check within a couple of hours or when I need 1Password on my phone sometime within this day. Keep you in the loop of that one too.

• Thanks! :)

Ben

• luccallens
    luccallens
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty FYI: when the option is set to “1 Day”, no problems at all. Seems to be only an issue when the option is set to “after device restart”.

• Thanks @luccallens. That matches our findings as well. We hope to have a fix for this in the next update.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.