Account details on my Mac after clean install?

Chippelchen
Chippelchen
Community Member

I'm wondering. I did clean install my Mac to get rid of the High Sierra Beta. After installed High Sierra and downloading the APP over the App Store, I found out that, somehow, my login details are in the 1Password APP. I just had to enter my password instead of the secret key. How do you guys know that I reinstalled my OS and how does that work when not restoring a backup?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• @Chippelchen,

That information is stored to iCloud keychain because a number of users weren't saving their emergency kit and then proceeding to delete the app as a troubleshooting step. When they did that they effectively locked themselves completely out of their account in a way that left them with complete and total data loss.

Rudy

• Chippelchen
    Chippelchen
    Community Member

Ah, that makes sense. I'm still wondering because I did enable iCloud Keychain first but then I disabled it.

• @Chippelchen,

if iCloud keychain had synced the items already they would still exist on the local machine. iCloud keychain is always present even if you turn it off. It shows up in Keychain Access.app as "Local Keychain" I believe in that scenario.

Rudy

This discussion has been closed.