To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

login into your account on iOS/Android when your password contains special characters

Options
pixelmix
pixelmix
Community Member

hi,

my master password is pretty secure ... it contains letters, symbols, numbers and also special characters ...
while it's perfectly fine to type it on my mac... it's almost impossible to do on my iphone ...

it would be great to be abble to pair the ios app with the desktop app for first login ( after that i will use touchID )

when i'm on a PC .... i can't access easily these special characters ... it would be great if my master password was provided by my phone .
the web app could provide a token ( changing every 10 seconds ) that i could enter on my phone to immediatly gain access to my account

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @pixelmix,

Thanks for taking the time to write in with this feedback.

Even with Touch ID enabled it is occasionally necessary to enter the Master Password, and so it will likely make the most sense to either

1. Choose a Master Password that can be entered directly on the device or
    2. Save whatever characters cannot be typed into a note in the Notes app, or similar, and copy & paste just those characters from there when entering your Master Password on the device

Thanks!

Ben

• pixelmix
    pixelmix
    Community Member
    Options

hopefully it's possible to make a copy on a mac and a paste on the ios device ...
    enabling the web app on a certain PC via the phone would be so great ...

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

hopefully it's possible to make a copy on a mac and a paste on the ios device ...

@pixelmix: If your devices support it, Universal Clipboard is pretty handy. I wouldn't recommend copying and pasting your full Master Password, as other apps have access to the clipboard as well. But Notes is really useful for syncing bits of text between devices too.

enabling the web app on a certain PC via the phone would be so great ...

Can you elaborate?

• pixelmix
    pixelmix
    Community Member
    Options

i would love to be able to log on any PC just entering my mail ...
    1/ enter my mail in the web app
    2/ the web app would display a QR code
    3/ i could scan it with 1password app on my phone
    4/ it would log me into the web app without entering my password

• Ah okay. While that would be nifty, it's unfortunately not secure at all. Your Master Password is required to decrypt your data — there's no other way to do that because it's been encrypted with your Master Password. Your Secret Key is also required, alongside your Master Password, to decrypt it. That means your Secret Key and Master Password would be in the QR code, which would be sent via email, an unencrypted medium. If someone were to get into your email account or intercept the message somehow, your account details would be exposed.

We've done our best to build 1Password the most secure possible while also focusing on convenience. The Setup Code is the best way to sign in on a new device. :)

This discussion has been closed.