No password option on launch

TomWolsky
TomWolsky
Community Member

Launched 1P after installing the beta but had neither option to use master password (there was no panel for it) or to use a fingerprint (there was no finger icon). Had to close the app and reopen it and got them both. I suppose it will never recur.

1Password Version: 6.10
Extension Version: 4.6.11b1
OS Version: iOS11
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• @TomWolsky,

This sounds like it hung just prior to populating the UI with those unlock options.

I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your iOS device:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (iOS)

Attach the Diagnostics Report(s) to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report(s) in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report(s) in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report(s) and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Rudy

• TomWolsky
    TomWolsky
    Community Member

Not sure what happened. Tapped the link for the diagnostic. Took me to 1Password. I saw briefly what looked like a loaded email and then it flipped to Settings. Don’t know if the message was sent. I didn’t hear the send sound and can’t find it in Mail. Am I supposed to do something when it’s in Settings? Nothing back from BitBot yet either.

• @TomWolsky,

That's certainly strange, maybe you don't have an account setup under the system level Mail settings so it kicked you out to the settings app to set one up?

Rudy

• TomWolsky
    TomWolsky
    Community Member

No sorry, not iOS Settings. Just after the email message appeared in 1P I was flipped to 1P Settings.

• @TomWolsky,

what if you navigate to settings -> advanced -> diagnostics -> send diagnostics?

its weird that it didn't take you directly to the sending sheet.

Rudy

• TomWolsky
    TomWolsky
    Community Member

Thanks Rudy. That worked. This is the number assigned by BitBot:

ZVL-52681-812

• TomWolsky
    TomWolsky
    Community Member

Not sure if this is related. When I clicked the generate diagnostic in your earlier message and got taken to 1P, it again appeared without the login panel or the TouchID icon. Then the preloaded email message appeared, and then the TouchID message. Don't know if this is the usual behavior.

• @TomWolsky,

It sounds like some changes to the lock service had unintended consequences with the diagnostics report url scheme that we link to on the support page.

Rudy

This discussion has been closed.