Firefox 6 Support

1Password support for Firefox 6 - Windows
I'm watching the 1Password for OSX thread Firefox 6/7 BETA Support over on the OSX forum.

I understand you don't support beta builds and that you try to make sure your plug-ins are available for full releases:

1Password only officially supports the latest stable versions of the supported browser, and so far we have always been ahead of schedule in this regard.

As I use 1Password on OSX and Windows I'm simply creating this topic thread for the Windows version so you can keep us up to date with your development for Firefox 6 (and even 7) along side the OSX version, as I'm sure there'll be avid users out there keen to find out how its going.

Great software & plug-ins; Great support guys. Love your work.

Comments

• That's a new version of Firefox 6.0. 1P Unfortunately it does not work. When will be released update, which will be released with the version of FF 6.0? :@
  • Looks like that browser extension is only for mac based browsers.

I am curious as to why Chrome Beta and Stable channels are supported and now Firefox has moved to a similar version scheme why Firefox 6 (the beta channel) doesn't get the same love on windows when it comes to 1Password. Prevents myself as developer of using Firefox as my primary browser :(
  • svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    Like before, we'll support a new Firefox version within 24 hours after it has been released.
  • DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    riga75 wrote:

Thanks, Riga, but you'll note that that post appears in the 1Password for Mac support forum.
  • DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2011
    behub wrote:

I am curious as to why Chrome Beta and Stable channels are supported...

Welcome to the forum, behub!

Despite what the 1Password UI says on the Browsers tab of the preferences window, 1Password is tested for compatibility with only the current non-Beta releases of all three supported browsers (as documented in the user's guide):

http://help.agilebit...quirements.html

This has been the case for a very long time, and I sincerely hope the UI will correctly reflect this fact in some future release.
  • I see the extension for Firefox 6 for Mac is out now (thanks - brilliant):

http://forum.agilebits.com/index.php?/topic/6763-1password-for-firefox-6-and-7-and-maybe-even-8/

Is there any news on the Windows version?

Cheers
  • DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    There's no news. 1Password for Windows is confirmed to be compatible with only the current non-Beta release of Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Chrome. We'll verify compatibility with future versions as quickly as possible after they are available in a non-Beta release.
  • tpaine
    tpaine
    Community Member
    firefox 6 is no longer beta.

http://download.mozilla.org/?product=firefox-6.0&os=win&lang=en-US

I made the mistake of updating and have now lost my most valued plugin. *sad*
  • DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Welcome to the forum, tpaine!

I'm sorry to quibble, but according to Mozilla, Firefox 6 is not released yet.

Once it is, we'll work quickly to confirm 1Password's compatibility.
  • BarryTheSprout
    BarryTheSprout
    Community Member
    I assume this implies Firefox 6.0 is officialy released. It is the About screen from Firefox and shows I received the update as part of the Release channel and not a Beta channel. I hope I can have 1Password back tomorrow...
  • BenjaminMetzler
    BenjaminMetzler
    Community Member
    Sorry to quibble ;), but Firefox 6 has been released, per the message box that Firefox prompted me with to upgrade, the fact that when you go to Mozilla to download, it gives you 6.0; and the release notes now show 6.0.

BTW, you might want to put a check in the Mac plugin to see if the user is installing on Firefox Mac or Windows. I was able to successfully install the plugin in FF 6.0. Too bad it doesn't actually access my database on Windows. Looks pretty though :)
  • DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Benjamin, at the time I posted my reply, Mozilla offered only 5.x as a download and told me my Firefox 5.x installation was up to date.

As I wrote in that post, we'll confirm compatibility as quickly as possible, now that Firefox 6 is released. That process is, indeed, underway at this time.

Thanks again for your patience.
  • DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Welcome to the forum, Barry!

Please see the posts above. We are few but mighty. Thanks for your patience!
  • geek9mm
    geek9mm
    Community Member
    Sorry if this was answered but it looked like everyone was talking about MAC and I am using 1P for Win 7 64-bit.

My question is, today I upgraded my Firefox to Firefox 6, and now 1P is not working. Will it be updated or something?

Thanks! (inlove)
  • BarryTheSprout
    BarryTheSprout
    Community Member
    edited August 2011
    DBrown wrote:

Welcome to the forum, Barry!

Please see the posts above. We are few but mighty. Thanks for your patience!

David,

Thanks for the reply. I know you guys are working hard on this and we appreciate it. Keep up the great work, I would be lost without 1Password on my MAC's, PC's, iPhone, and iPad.

BarryTheSprout
  • DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Thanks for your kind comments, Barry!

I expect we'll see news of some kind from Stefan, soon.
  • wally
    edited August 2011
    Hi,

Today i got an Update for firefox 6. I Install the Firefox 6 Extension. But i can't login. I use 1Password for Windows Version 1.0.7.211. I can't enable Firefox in Preferences.

Regards Wally81
  • Can we get an email, when 1p for ff6 on windows is availible?
    I registered here only to get support for 1p with ff6...
  • svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2011
    wally wrote:

Hi,

Today i got an Update for firefox 6. I Install the Firefox 6 Extension. But i can't login. I use 1Password for Windows Version 1.0.7.211. I can't enable Firefox in Preferences.

Regards Wally81

Please download 1.0.8.214 and try again.
  • Dieter59
    Dieter59
    Community Member
    Done! Restarted FF 6.0 but same error message
  • juju12
    juju12
    Community Member
    You're wrong Dieter59, it's working !
    I'm with FF6 & 1password right now...

Thanks Stefan for the update. (y)
  • svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    Dieter59 wrote:

Restarted FF 6.0 but same error message

What error message? Are you sure you're running 1.0.8.214?

• Please download 1.0.8.214 and try again.

Perfect THX
  • Registered just to say thanks for getting support up so fast. It is not an envious situation to have to keep up with the 'spin-the-wheel' of FF versions lately. I own 1P for Mac and Windows and love it, my favorite plugin.
  • DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    geek9mm wrote:

Sorry if this was answered but it looked like everyone was talking about MAC and I am using 1P for Win 7 64-bit.

My question is, today I upgraded my Firefox to Firefox 6, and now 1P is not working. Will it be updated or something?

Welcome to the forum, geek9mm!

I assume the confusion has passed. :) You can see from all the posts above and below yours that we're all talking about 1Password for Windows, here, too.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.
  • DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    omueller wrote:

Can we get an email, when 1p for ff6 on windows is availible?
    I registered here only to get support for 1p with ff6...

omueller, welcome to the forum!

We don't have any provision for e-mail notifications of new releases. Launching 1Password triggers a check for new versions, so I recommend making sure that option is enabled on the Updates tab of 1Password preferences.
  • DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Raineer wrote:

Registered just to say thanks for getting support up so fast. It is not an envious situation to have to keep up with the 'spin-the-wheel' of FF versions lately. I own 1P for Mac and Windows and love it, my favorite plugin.

Welcome to the forum, Raineer, and thanks so much for your support!
  • DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    juju12 wrote:

You're wrong Dieter59, it's working !
    I'm with FF6 & 1password right now...

Thanks Stefan for the update. (y)

You're sure welcome, juju12! Thanks for letting us know it's working for you.
This discussion has been closed.