1Password extension icon gray

This discussion was created from comments split from: Need live help.

Comments

• lbheller01
    lbheller01
    Community Member

What does a gray 1Password icon mean? Clicking on it yields no change.
    Mac 10.11.06 Firefox 56.0.3

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Hi @lbheller01 -- if the 1Password extension in Firefox is greyed out, it means it's not working for some reason -- there could be a number of reasons why this is the case. I'm a little confused, since in the image above, it doesn't appear to me that the 1Password extension is greyed out. If your 1Password extension is not working in Firefox, the first thing I would ask you to do is to delete the 1Password extension from Firefox, restart your Mac and then re-install the extension. Let us know if that has any effect.

• lbheller01
    lbheller01
    Community Member

Thank you.
    I may not have a valid account. I registered an account with Agilebits and got a copy of the 1Password app on 2017Jun17. I am just now starting to work on it. I don't know if I started the 30 day trial or not. But when I launch the app it provides a button to start the trial. When I click on the button and enter my email address, it says an account with that address already exists. When I try to sign in to the account it the 1Password app locks up and I have to force quit. When I go to the website and try to sign in, nothing happens. I have checked my information several times and have tried the Master Password with and without spaces. I would be happy to buy 1Password, but I can't get access to my account to do it.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2017

@lbheller01 - I've sent you an email from our support address. To avoid confusion and help you get things resolved more quickly, let’s continue the conversation via email. Thanks! (note: if you can't see it, check your Spam or Bulk mail folders; sometimes our emails get mis-marked as spam).

ref: RAJ-88688-831

• lbheller01
    lbheller01
    Community Member

Did not receive your email. Checked Spam folder.

• NRJ53
    NRJ53
    Community Member

I have had the same thing happen. I am not sure when it happened, probably in the last week or so, but for no good reason. Using a MacPro with 10.11.6 and no recent changes to the system. I have disabled, re-enabled,removed and reloaded the extension several times. However, the 1Password mini continues to want to download the extension, as if it does not exist in Firefox, despite the program stating that it is there and running. Upgraded to the latest Firefox because I was in the last version, but without a change. No problem with Chrome or Safari. Also strangely, this has not happened on my Macbook Pro, which is running the same system and browsers.I have a valid version of Password.

• b3nn3o
    b3nn3o
    Community Member

Hello same problem , maybe from 2 week again.
    icon is gray (i have a macbook pro)
    same problem in firefox and chrome browser....
    :(

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@lbheller01 -- looks as if you've been taken care of via email, so unless there's something still outstanding, I think we can close this.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @NRJ53 and @b3nn3o! Sorry to hear you're having trouble just now. Can both of you please give these instructions a try first, and let us know what the result is, and if any of that is helpful for you? Thanks.

• NRJ53
    NRJ53
    Community Member

Updated 1password to latest iteration and everything fixed. I did not realize I was a few upgrades behind (6.6.x).

Thanks Lars.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@NRJ53 - Glad to hear upgrading solved it! That's one of the first things to check, if something seems weird or suddenly stops working: check for updates. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.