I have a 1 password popup on my Safari browser that continually displays every time i open it.

It states "New version of Safari found. 1Password 3.5.9 does not support Safari 11.0" This message has come up for two years. I do not use 1password. I cannot eliminate this message. It is annoying as you can imagine. Please advise what I must do to remove this.

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Hi @rickimbell -- that message means you have at some point in the past installed 1Password -- from the sound of it, the FAR past, given the 3.5.9 message. It sounds as if you have a very old 1Password extension in Safari. To check, please open Safar Preferences and look for anything related to 1Password. If you find a 1Password extension, choose Uninstall.

• rickimbell
    rickimbell
    Community Member
    edited September 2017

Thanks. I have done that. There is nothing there. I have even searched for any 1password files in my ~library/containers folder. There is NOTHING. This has been an issue for two years. Can't get rid of it.

And there is no way to get it to stop, even if I check the box not to notify me.

And finally, the DETAILS button takes me to a nonworking URL for agilebits.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@rickimbell -- OK, thanks for the update. Please click the magnifying glass (Spotlight) icon in the top right of your Mac's screen, and type in 1Password. Wait a bit for Spotlight to scan your hard drive(s), then scroll down and double-click on "Show all in Finder" at the very bottom. This will bring up a window with all the search results.

There will probably be a few web pages (like this one) in browser search history, but what you're looking for is anything that's an application. One of the columns you'll see in the results window is "Kind" -- sort by this, and look for any 1Password Applications. Do you find anything?

• rickimbell
    rickimbell
    Community Member

OK, I found exactly one file that was some notice from Kikstarter from 2014. I removed that file and believe it or not, it removed the notice from Safari. thanks for the suggestion! And, your help.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Excellent! Thanks for the update. On behalf of Lars, you are most welcome! I'm glad to hear that all is well. It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. We're always here to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.