To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Unable to setup subscription after purchasing IOS app

StevenCorn
StevenCorn
Community Member

Months ago I bought a stand-alone 1Password app for my iPhone but didn't really use it. I want to move to a subscription to include my Mac but I've lost the Secret Key that I'm assuming I got from the IOS purchase. I don't have any passwords saved so I'd like to just start over but your setup system requires the Secret Key. Can you help?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member

Hi there @StevenCorn :)
    Secret keys are only for people who have 1Password subscriptions. If you bought the standalone 1Password for iOS, you wouldn't have one and would only have your Master Password.

If what you want to do is move to a subscription account, a guide, along with instructions on how to migrate your existing data can be found here.

Hope that helps. If you trip up along the way with any of the steps, let me know and I'll do my best to help you. :)

• StevenCorn
    StevenCorn
    Community Member

Apparently I signed up for a trial subscription months ago as I get a “An account with this email address already exists.” message. The only option to proceed is to enter my Secret Key which I no longer have.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@StevenCorn: I'm sorry to hear that, because you're the only one who ever had it. The Secret Key is generated on your device and never sent to us. if you're unable to use the account, just follow the instructions in the account deletion email I've sent, and then you can start over with a new account. Just be sure to save your account credentials in case you ever need them again.

This discussion has been closed.