Remove bulk tags [Coming in a future update]

qzmarco
qzmarco
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Is there any way to remove bulk tags in the app?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• @qzmarco not at the moment, but we are working on it. I'll keep you updated here ;)

• qzmarco
    qzmarco
    Community Member

Thank you very much!

• On behalf of Serg, you're welcome.

• admxnl
    admxnl
    Community Member

I would like this feature too. 'Imported....' tag is annoying and I don't feel like editing over 400 items.

• Hi @admxnl,

Thanks for writing in.

The ability to rename and delete tags is coming in a future update. If you have the macOS version of 1Password, you can do it there for the moment.

• Hi @dahanbn,

Considering macOS is our flagship platform and has the largest development team as it shares the unified codebase with iOS, that will always be the case but we'll get there. 1Password.com is actually serving as the equalizer to ensure all 1Password apps will be consistent and it is working but it is harder to see in real time.

Also, considering where we were back in October with the first stable release, I think we've made a lot of great progress in half a year when factoring in the size of our Windows team. We've seen a lot of folks switching over to 1Password 6 just because we've made enough progress but we're definitely not there yet.

In fact, 1Password 6 for Windows has a few firsts that the macOS version hasn't added yet, such as Native Messaging, automatic updates, and a few other internal changes that macOS team is working on adding soon. These are huge changes but it's not as useful as the ones we want to add soon like tags editing, Rich Icons, and others. It'll come sooner than you'd think.

We've also just added a new Windows developer to our team but it will take some time before we can see the impact in the app.

• cs88rf
    cs88rf
    Community Member

Tag edit is a feature I'm also eagerly waiting for, but it all sounds promising! I've been using 1P for a couple of months now and it's performing for my daily needs very reliably. Hope it gets feature rich at a light speed XD

• @cs88rf Thanks :)

With so many amazing users writing in with feedback and keeping us on our toes, you can bet that we're work hard on making 1Password 6 the best it can be.

Cheers,

Alex

• cs88rf
    cs88rf
    Community Member

Is this feature implemented yet? Wonder if it's still coming :'(

• Hi @cs88f,

Not yet, some of the big changes we've made internally in 6.8 beta 1 will actually get us there quicker for supporting bulk tags.

This discussion has been closed.