To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

problem with master password

tony921
tony921
Community Member

Signed up for trial acct 2 days ago. I used my own password rather than the automated one. It did not copy to my Em Kit. I did a screen shot of my password during the initial set-up but when I typed it into the sign in page it didn't work. Can I start from scratch again?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:problem with master password

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@tony921: Indeed, unless you write your Master Password on the Emergency Kit (as instructed, before storing it in a secure location like a safe deposit box), it does not exist anywhere else. I'd encourage you to try it again, as there is no penalty for doing so, but unless it is entered exactly it will not work. If you took a screenshot, it's very likely that the whole thing was not displayed onscreen, and so you're missing part of it. If that's the case the only option is to start over. I've sent you an account deletion email in case you need to do that. And if you hadn't stored anything there yet you aren't losing anything at least. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• tony921
    tony921
    Community Member

Thanks for your help. I waited to long to delete my account so could you send another account deletion. Then I'll begin again.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@tony921: Sent! Let me know if you need anything else. :)

• tony921
    tony921
    Community Member

Thanks again, deleting the account worked. This time I'll pay more attention.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Hey, no problem. We all get busy. I totally spaced on picking up an order at the store and I have to re-do it now. It happens. Cheers! ;)

This discussion has been closed.