Bug report: Extension 'crashing' when used in Twitter.app for example

jszotten
jszotten
Community Member

I was asked to confirm my password in the twitter app and used the extension to get it from 1Password. Each time I tried, the extension crashed - like this: http://share.capsulecrm.com/2T1y1z3B1B2A (screen recording)

Is this bug reproducible?

• I can't force Twitter to ask again but it happened multiple times before I eventually opened the 1P app manually and copied it from there.
  • I did however try using the extension in Safari and get a similar issue. The extension doesn't crash however when I tap on a login to use, nothing fills in.

Which devices did this bug appear on and is it reproducible on any devices and/or computers?

iPhone 6S running iOS 11

A quick summary of the bug:

1. Launch 1Password extension in an app or in Safari
  2. Authenticate with fingerprint
  3. When using the Twitter.app - the extension crashes, if using Safari, tap a login to use and see it take you back to Safari but not fill in the login.

Versions of 1Password you're using on the devices and computers involved

1Password version 6.10 (61000001) (beta)

1Password Version: 6.10
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 11.0
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• AGKyle
    AGKyle
    1Password Alumni

Hi @jszotten

Thanks for taking the time to report this with clear and to the point instructions. I love it when I see this type of report.

Unfortunately, I was not able to recreate the problem which probably means it happens under a certain set of circumstances that I don't know yet.

Was this during initial setup? Adding a second account? (does the normal Twitter app even support that?) or Re-authenticating an existing account?

From the looks of things it might be re-authentication? Not sure how I can trigger that on a whim, perhaps I can go into settings on the Twitter site and deactivate a device?

If you can get this to happen again, I'd love if you could immediately generate a diagnostics report:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (iOS)

Attach the Diagnostics Report(s) to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report(s) in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report(s) in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so we can track down the report(s) and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Hopefully the report will include some clues for us so that we can get to the bottom

• mirv
    mirv
    Community Member

I am also getting crashes when the extension tries to start up, with iOS 11.1 beta. I've seen it in Safari, and on another app (Grubhub). I just sent in a diagnostic report. I received support ID #TNZ-47144-514.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@mirv: Thanks for the diagnostics! We'll see what we can find there.

ref: TNZ-47144-514

• Hi folks! I have been able to reproduce this one and will be putting a fix together. Thank you for the reports!

• mirv
    mirv
    Community Member

Excellent, thanks for the update.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

:) :+1:

• Good afternoon, everyone! We've got a beta coming out later today that should fix this problem. Please let me know if you're able to recreate it once beta 6 lands in your TestFlight.

• mirv
    mirv
    Community Member

Yes, just got it, and this fixes the crash! I tested with the app where it always happened, GrubHub.

With beta 5 I've been seeing a message sometimes when loading the app about Touch ID being disabled because fingerprints changed, even though they hadn't changed. I'll have to let you guys know if I still see this on beta 6...

• Thanks @mirv! You shouldn't see that message in beta 6 (unless of course you actually change your finger prints) :)

This discussion has been closed.