Can't save new login anymore? [Confirmed and fixed in 6.8.466]

cs88rf
cs88rf
Community Member

Just found out minutes ago that I can't save new login now, either by auto prompt or manual.

Tried to restart 1P including ending process in task manager and reinstall the browser plugin.

The symptom is this:

When "Save Login" window pops up either automatically or manually by myself, clicking on anything gives no response, e.g. Save Login, Update existing (tab). The only thing that has response is when I click "Not now" and then it quits the window. Changing vaults or editing login name doesn't make a difference.

Don't know if this is a bug or should I reinstall 1P?

1Password Version: 6.8.465
Extension Version: 4.6.12.1
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• MikeT
    edited September 2017

Hi @cs88rf,

Thanks for reporting this, it is a confirmed bug.

I can reproduce the issue on the Save Login dialog, updating an existing Login item works fine but not creating a new Login item.

We'll get this fixed in the next update.

Thanks again!

• Hi @cs88rf,

We just shipped an update to fix it, please give it a try.

• cs88rf
    cs88rf
    Community Member
    edited September 2017

Thanks for the superrrrr fast response.

1P was automatically updated. I can click the save button now, but it doesn't actually save the login item. For example, either manually or automatically, clicking the save button close the dialogue window, but then in the vault there is no item for that certain website or login item.

edit: version is now 6.8.466

edit2: I also tried other websites where there is already a login, saving a new login won't actually "save" either.

• cs88rf
    cs88rf
    Community Member
    edited October 2017

Update:

After several hours, all the "test" new login suddenly showed up! FYI, I have three "test" new login on website 1 (where I had two logins), and two brand new login on website2 (where I never had a login before). This is confusing.

EDIT:

Just tried to save another two logins -- same thing. The new items would not show up in the vault. I'll check back in a few hours and see if they suddenly appear again.

• pawo
    pawo
    Community Member

Great, thanks for the quick fix. Was about to "complain" but just saw this note :-). pw

• Hi guys,

@cs88rf, that sounds like it did save it to the database but the main app didn't do a refresh of the database properly. I just tested this again and it is showing up instantly for me.

Can you do this:

1. Do a test with the Autosave > Save Login
    2. Open the main 1Password window, confirm it is not there but this time, lock and unlock, does it show up?
  • cs88rf
    cs88rf
    Community Member

Spot on! It was indeed the issue. Lock and unlock the app would turn up the new login item. But without doing so, the login item won't show up.

• cs88rf
    cs88rf
    Community Member
    edited October 2017

Meanwhile, I also discovered that shortcut for fill in action no longer works. Clicking on 1P add on icon in both FF56 and Chrome and then on an login fills the form nicely, but shortcut key won't fill form in either browser anymore. I tried changing the shortcut key (followed by a restart of program), and it didn't solve the issue. I'm not sure if this has something to do with the main app or the extension of browsers.

EDIT: nvm, I disconnected both browsers and now they act normally. I'm using only native messaging for both browsers, with WebSocket unchecked.

• @cs88rf: We've actually run into a few instances of folks having difficulties with the keyboard shortcut, so it's really great to know that disconnecting your browser resolved things for you. Thanks for sharing! :+1:

• Hi @cs88rf,

We've fixed the shortcut issue in the 6.8.467 update today, the problem was due to the way 1Password was launched. If it was after a reboot, the shortcuts will not work.

I'm investigating the issue that's identical to yours where changes are not causing 1Password to update itself. Could you send me your 1Password diagnostics report, so I can figure out if there's a pattern between yours and a few other reports. Please use this guide to generate the 1Password diagnostic report and email it to us at support+windows@agilebits.com. Also, in the email, include the link to this thread along with your forum username, so that we can connect the email to this thread.

Let us know here when you've sent it, so we can confirm we got the email.

• cs88rf
    cs88rf
    Community Member

467 seems to have fixed the shortcut so far.

I have just sent the file to the provided email address minutes ago =)

• bundtkate
    edited October 2017

@cs88rf: I've found your e-mail and we'll get back to you as soon as possible. Thanks! :chuffed:

ref: BTB-82931-617

This discussion has been closed.