Touch ID not working in iphone 6 with upgrade to IOS 11 [reports of working correctly with iOS 11.1]

bg207
bg207
Community Member
edited November 2017 in iOS

Touch ID has always worked in the past. With the recent upgrade to the new IOS, it seems to have stopped working. I double-checked that it is turned on. 1Password is upgraded to the most recent version.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Touch ID not working in iphone 6 with upgrade to IOS 11

Comments

• Hi @bg207,

Thanks for taking the time to write in.

We're aware of a bug in 1Password when used on iOS 11 where we aren't able to properly determine when the device has restarted. This affects the ability to use Touch ID in 1Password. We hope to have that fixed in the next update.

In the mean time it may be helpful to set the 1Password > Settings > Advanced > Security > Require Master Password to 'never'.

Sorry for the inconvenience!

Ben

• EuroTrash
    EuroTrash
    Community Member

Which release does this issue refer to? Has this been fixed? Should I advise clients not to update to iOS 11?

• @EuroTrash

This affects all versions of 1Password on iOS 11. It has not been fixed. I don’t personally feel it is worth not upgrading to iOS 11 over, but I suppose that is a decision you’ll need to make for yourself.

To be clear, the issue is not that Touch ID does not work at all with iOS 11, but folks may be prompted for their Master Password more frequently than they are used to. The setting I mentioned above will lessen the impact of this (and it is the default setting for anyone who installed 1Password for the first time in the last year or so).

Ben

This discussion has been closed.