Why does 'Password Generator' now have only the 'Copy' option and not the 'Fill' option?

I'm on a MacBook laptop with MacOS version 10.12.6, Chrome Browser, & 1Password version 6.8.2. Password Generator used to have a Fill option and now it doesn't, at least for me. When I use the Copy option, 1Password doesn't ask me if I want to save the password and consequently I end up with the site not being saved in my Login list. What happened to the 'Fill' option. I thought it might be that I needed to download the Chrome extension, but that doesn't seem to work when I click on Download. I've previously done that, but I'm thinking maybe I have to do that every time I add a new version of 1Password. I went to the 1Password info on how to have the extension saved when downloading a new version of 1Password, but can't find the 'Choose More Tools' in the Chrome menu. Help?

Ron.

1Password Version: 6.8.2
Extension Version: ?
OS Version: 10.12.6
Sync Type: None
Referrer: forum-search:Why does 'Password Generator' now have only the 'Copy' option and not the 'Fill' option?

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @rgevans871,

It really sounds like 1Password does not have a current and active connection to our extension in your browser and that would certainly explain what you're seeing. Does Chrome show as having our extension installed and is the 1Password Browser Extension button visible in the Chrome toolbar?

• rgevans871
    rgevans871
    Community Member

This is listed in Chrome Extensions as enabled: 1Password: Password Manager and Secure Wallet 4.6.11.91. There are a couple check boxes, one is called 'Allow in incognito' and the other is called 'Allow access to file URL's'. Neither of these two boxes are checked or have I ever checked them previously. I'm not sure what you're referring to as the Toolbar. The top bar of my screen has the Chrome menu on one side and on the other side is 1Password Mini along with several other icons. The 1Password icon also shows up at the end of my address window. I suspect that is the one you're looking for. I also have a line at the top of the 1Password Mini menu that says 'Add Chrome Extension .....' which makes me think something is awry.

• rgevans871
    rgevans871
    Community Member

I think I fixed my problem. I restarted my laptop and I now have the 'Fill' option and the Mini menu no longer calls for me to add the Chrome extension. Sorry for the query. I sometimes forget that a restart often solves a problem. Appreciate your willingness to assist.

Ron

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @rgevans871,

Don't get me wrong, there are times a restart is a great idea and it can often resolve weird blips but it's also something you shouldn't have to do on a regular basis. Based on the update it was a connectivity issue. One possibility is there was a pending Chrome update and a restart would have seen Chrome complete the update the next time it was launched. It's possible it was something specific to 1Password too though so if you see it return please let us know. You could check to see if there is a pending Chrome update by visiting chrome://settings/help in Chrome and if isn't that it could be worth us reviewing a diagnostic report. Our page How to send a 1Password diagnostics report can show you how to create a diagnostic report and email it in and after creating the diagnostic report it would be worth seeing if restarting 1Password mini via the 1Password menu option Help > Troubleshooting > Restart 1Password mini saves needing a full restart. We are aware of a couple of connectivity issues that we're hopeful version 6.8.3 will completely solve but we're very much in the testing state at the moment.

Keep us updated but hopefully it just keeps working for you.

This discussion has been closed.