TouchID timeout period not working [known issue with iOS 11; Advanced "Never" setting can help]

Fooligan
Fooligan
Community Member
edited October 2017 in iOS

I have the TouchID timeout period set to 'After Device Restart' under Advanced > Security > Require Master Password on my iPhone 7. I am noticing that I have to enter my master password several times a day even though the device has not been restarted.

Has anyone noticed this behavior? I haven't timed anything to determine if it is defaulting to a set time period. I can do that if needed.

1Password Version: 6.10 (61000001)
Extension Version: NA
OS Version: iOS 11.0.2
Sync Type: 1Password Families

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2017

@Fooligan: Yep. This is a known issue, not limited to the beta. It seems that either something isn't migrating properly with the update to iOS 11, the method 1Password is using to track device restart is no longer reliable there, or both. Some users, including myself, found that installing a fresh copy of 1Password resolved the issue (be sure to backup any local vaults first), but others seem to experience it after that. The other workaround is to set it to "Never". it's something we're actively investigating though, so hopefully we'll be able to find a more permanent solution soon.

• Fooligan
    Fooligan
    Community Member

@brenty Thanks for the information. I apologize if this is a repeat thread. It was probably that the recent beta aligned with the release of iOS 11. I will try re-installing the beta to see if that helps.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Fooligan: No apology necessary. I'm just sorry I don't have a better solution to offer you at this point, but we are exploring options. :blush:

• TonyDennis
    TonyDennis
    Community Member
    edited October 2017

I'm running into the same problem - it's driving me buggy! :p

I'd describe it exactly as did Fooligan. I can't say for sure if it started with 1P v6.10 or with iOS 11.

Thanks for being awesome! :)

1Password Version: 6.10 (61000001)
    Extension Version: NA
    OS Version: iOS 11.0.3
    Sync Type: 1Password Teams

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@TonyDennis: Sorry about that. There's more information here regarding this issue. Have you tried my suggestions above? That may help in the mean time. :blush:

• Good morning all. We've made some changes in the recent beta that should improve this situation. As you use it over the next couple days please let me know if you hit it again.

This discussion has been closed.