Cannot sign-in on Mac app with Master Password but can sign-in with Master Password on iOS.

Options
aaronorjohnson
aaronorjohnson
Community Member

My Mac OS Application(downloaded from 1Password website) is not accepting my Master Password even though it works when I input the Master Password into my iOS device. Even the 1Password website accepts my Master Password. I had the Mac Extention on Safari but I uninstalled that. Could I delete my Mac OS app and then redownload it and it re-validate the application?

1Password Version: Mac OS 6.8.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.13
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:cannot sign-in on Mac app with Master Password but can sign-in with Master Password on iOS.

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@aaronorjohnson: The Master Password is not determined by the application, but rather by the first vault you setup in it. So, unless you had used the same, single vault in iCloud on both devices from the start, you'd likely have a different Master Password on each.

I think that's where the confusion lies. If you have a local vault syncing with iCloud, this is completely separate from your 1Password.com account. If you sign into 1Password.com in your web browser, do you have all of your data there?

• parveen_malik
    parveen_malik
    Community Member
    Options

Hi
    My 1password was working fine in all devices and this morning, the only place I can access it is through my iOS device through touch. I do not have a web account and have never accessed my 1password through the web. How do I access my 1password account through the browser and Mac app??

• aaronorjohnson
    aaronorjohnson
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty I did start both with a single vault stored in iCloud. It's just this past week I'm randomly unable to sign into my Mac application. Both Mac and iOS application had the same vault and were both in sync via iCloud.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi My 1password was working fine in all devices and this morning, the only place I can access it is through my iOS device through touch. I do not have a web account and have never accessed my 1password through the web. How do I access my 1password account through the browser and Mac app??

@parveen_malik: If you don't have a 1Password.com account, there's no way to access your data through a web browser. And, therefore, you'll also be using local vaults only, which will each be encrypted using the Master Password you chose when creating them. We don't know your Master Password, nor can we "reset" or "recover" it for you. However, please try the tips in this guide as they may help you gain access again:

https://support.1password.com/forgot-master-password/

Otherwise you will need to either restore from a backup, sync from another device, or simply start over. Please let me know how it turns out. I look forward to hearing back from you!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2017
    Options

I did start both with a single vault stored in iCloud. It's just this past week I'm randomly unable to sign into my Mac application. Both Mac and iOS application had the same vault and were both in sync via iCloud.

@aaronorjohnson: It sounds like you have multiple copies of 1Password and/or databases on your Mac then, for example if you've installed both the AgileBits Store and Mac App Store versions on your computer at some point for some reason — or you're using a 1Password.com account on one or both devices. There just isn't any way that 1Password can sort that out for you if you set things up differently on each device, but if you'll generate a diagnostic report we can take a look at things to tell you how you might unravel it:

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/

Please send it to support@agilebits.com Let me know once you've sent it. Once we see it we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

ref: ZMW-84674-193

• aaronorjohnson
    aaronorjohnson
    Community Member
    Options

I've just sent it. I don't really think I have multiple versions on my Mac because I've only downloaded the Mac app on the website and the iOS app on the App Store. I don't know if I updated my computer or something which may have done something in the background.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@aaronorjohnson: No worries! Thanks! I see that we've received your email, so we can continue the conversation there. I'll take a look at the diagnostics and get back to you shortly! :)

• aaronorjohnson
    aaronorjohnson
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty Thank you so much!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You're totally welcome. Cheers! :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.