How to convert existing 1Password v4 data to a new 1Password Family account

scott_lemboris
scott_lemboris
Community Member

Don't understand how to move my existing 1Password v4 data (from older Mac),
to a new 1Password Family account (current macOS Sierra)?

1Password Version: 4.4.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.8.5
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account v4

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2017

@scott_lemboris: It isn't possible to use 1Password.com account on outdated versions of OS X, but if you're able to update to Yosemite or newer, you can run 1Password 6. This can read your existing data and migrate it to 1Password.com:

Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• scott_lemboris
    scott_lemboris
    Community Member

Thanks, I was able to transfer the 1password folder to the new Mac with Sierra; use 1password6 & 1password families. Now both Macs have my passwords available, and I'll erase the older Mac.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2017

Awesome! It sounds like you're good to go, but please don't hesitate to reach out if you need anything else. We're here for you! :chuffed:

ref: ZAI-26317-996

• rja
    rja
    Community Member

Well very new to all this, so here goes. Because of other legacy s'ware cannot update from Mavericks OS 10.9.5.
    I have now a serious problem where 1PW continually stops all 1PW operations where Problem Report window opens :(
    Resorted to opening a Family account, but reading above this will not work for me 'cause of my current OS :(
    Please any advice to rectify my problem, many thanks in advance.
    Kind regards, Rod

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@rja: 1Password 4 predates 1Password.com (and recent versions of macOS, and even that name) by many years, so it isn't possible to use 1Password.com accounts there. You may be able to use 1Password.com in Firefox, but if they have not already ceased support on that OS version they will soon. I'm sorry I don' have better news for you, but given the lack of support from Apple and browser vendors with regard to security fixes, it may be time to move on to something newer. :(

This discussion has been closed.