Transferring 1password license to new MacBook

Options
sharadgana
sharadgana
Community Member

Hi

I purchased 1password on an older MacBook from the App Store a while back. It works great there. I recently purchased a new MacBook and I want to install 1password on it. I went through the same cycle of downloading it from the App Store but the application is starting in Trail mode. I s there a way to port the license from my older MacBook to the newer one.

1Password Version: 6.8.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.12.6
Sync Type: icloud

Comments

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member
    Options

Hi there @sharadgana :)
    App Store purchases are tied to your Apple ID. You need to use the same Apple ID you originally purchased the app with to download it on the new Mac for it to recognize that you bought it.

Hope that helps. :)

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @sharadgana -- @Corey_C is exactly right with respect to Apple IDs -- you need to be using the same one you use to initially purchase 1Password, in order for it to restore the same purchase status. There may be a little more here as well, though -- if you downloaded and installed 1Password from us (AgileBits) instead of from the Mac App Store, then it won't know you've previously bought a license through the Mac App Store. Are you certain you downloaded both times (previously and recently) from the Mac App Store?

This discussion has been closed.