AA.com American Airlines website

Hello,
1Password for Mac will not autofill the 3 login fields on the aa.com website. You can see the screenshot below of what this website form looks like. 1Password skips over the Last Name field. Yes, we have filled in all 3 fields and chosen "Save As New Login", but 1Password still doesn't work.

Thanks,
Scott

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @scotty321,

To get things working for you right now can you do the following for me please.

{
        "URLs": [
            {
                "overview": {
                    "label": "website", 
                    "url": "https://www.aa.com/loyalty/login"
                }
            }
        ], 
        "categoryUUID": "001", 
        "details": {
            "fields": [
                {"designation": "username", "name": "loginId", "type": "T", "value": "username"},
                {"name": "lastName", "type": "T", "value": "surname"},
                {"designation": "password", "name": "password", "type": "P", "value": "password"}
            ]
        }, 
        "overview": {
            "ainfo": "username", 
            "ps": 1, 
            "title": "American Airlines", 
            "url": "https://www.aa.com/loyalty/login"
        }, 
        "sectionName": "A", 
    }

1. Copy the block of text above into the macOS clipboard.
    2. Switch to 1Password and use the new menu option that will have appeared, File > New Item from Clipboard.
    3. 1Password will add a new item and enter edit mode.
    4. Click on the show web form details button.
    5. Edit the placeholder values so they reflect your American Airlines details.
    6. Save.

This item will fill on the page it links to, a dedicated login page in contrast to the homepage. If you find it doesn't work please let us know.

We will need to investigate and account for whatever changes American Airlines have made as we didn't use to have these troubles.

ref: BRAIN-303

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Excellent! Thanks for the update. On behalf of lil bobby, you are most welcome! I'm glad to hear that all is well. It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. We're always here to help! :)

• flyingout
    flyingout
    Community Member

Hi.

I came looking for the same thing. In my case the above solution as well as "Save As New Login" both worked (at least on one of the two login forms AA presents) so I can certainly live with those.

My question though: is there any way to fix the original login item? This type of thing happens from time to time and to preserve previously used passwords, creation date, and not have to manually transfer notes and such, I'd like to be able to fix the existing form details and have it fill properly. Any way to do this?

Thanks

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hello @flyingout,

There isn't a way to do so from within the main 1Password window I'm afraid. If you are determined and not shy about editing a textual form (JSON to be precise) of a Login form it is possible but what 1Password doesn't have is a feature that easily allows this from within the main interface. If the idea of editing a JSON doesn't leave you wondering what the heck I'm on about or reaching for a comforting cup of tea (or other beverage of your choice) then I can describe what would work.

• flyingout
    flyingout
    Community Member

Thank you Mr. DROP TABLE;

Yes, please point me to the form data. I can handle a little text editing.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2017

@flyingout: It depends on exactly the details you want to preserve, but you can use Item > Copy JSON (enable first in 1Password Preferences > Advanced) to grab each item and make a "Frankenstein" item in a text editor by combining their details. For example, I saved a new test item on the main page:

{"sectionName":"T","details":{"sections":[{"title":"Related Items","name":"linked items"}],"htmlForm":{"htmlMethod":"LB1"},"fields":[{"id":"aa-country-selector;opid=__1","value":"en_US","type":"S","name":"countryselector"},{"id":"aa-language-selector;opid=__2","value":"url=https:\/\/www.aa.com?locale=en_US","type":"S","name":"languageselector"},{"id":"aa-country-language-save;opid=__3","value":"","type":"C","name":"localePreferenceSaved"},{"id":"aa-choose-locale;opid=__4","value":"Select","type":"I","name":""},{"id":"aa-search-button;opid=__12","value":"Go","type":"I","name":""},{"id":"hero-prev;opid=__13","value":"","type":"I","name":""},{"id":"hero-next;opid=__14","value":"","type":"I","name":""},{"id":"hero-pause;opid=__15","value":"","type":"I","name":""},{"id":"loginForm.loginId;opid=__18","value":"123456","name":"loginId","designation":"username","type":"T"},{"id":"loginForm.lastName;opid=__19","value":"1lastname","type":"T","name":"lastName"},{"id":"loginForm.password;opid=__20","value":"1password","name":"password","designation":"password","type":"P"},{"id":"loginForm.rememberMeCheckbox;opid=__21","value":"","type":"C","name":"rememberMe"},{"id":";opid=__22","value":"Log in","type":"I","name":"_button_go"},{"id":"flightSearchForm.tripType.roundTrip;opid=__25","value":"1","type":"R","name":"tripType"},{"id":"flightSearchForm.tripType.oneWay;opid=__26","value":"0","type":"R","name":"tripType"},{"id":"round-trip-hotel;opid=__27","value":"0","type":"R","name":"tripType"},{"id":"flightSearchForm.tripType.redeemMiles;opid=__28","value":"","type":"C","name":"redeemMiles"},{"id":"reservationFlightSearchForm.originAirport;opid=__29","value":"HND","type":"T","name":"originAirport"},{"id":"reservationFlightSearchForm.destinationAirport;opid=__30","value":"","type":"T","name":"destinationAirport"},{"id":"flightSearchForm.adultOrSeniorPassengerCount;opid=__31","value":"1","type":"S","name":"adultOrSeniorPassengerCount"},{"id":"aa-leavingOn;opid=__32","value":"10\/12\/2017","type":"T","name":"departDate"},{"id":";opid=__33","value":"Open Calendar: to navigate the calendar, use the control key with the arrow keys","type":"B","name":""},{"id":"aa-returningFrom;opid=__34","value":"10\/19\/2017","type":"T","name":"returnDate"},{"id":";opid=__35","value":"Open Calendar: to navigate the calendar, use the control key with the arrow keys","type":"B","name":""},{"id":"fhServiceClass;opid=__36","value":"coach","type":"S","name":"serviceclass"},{"id":"flightSearchForm.button.reSubmit;opid=__37","value":"Search","type":"I","name":""},{"id":"flightSearchForm.button.vacationSubmit;opid=__38","value":"Search","type":"B","name":""},{"id":"findReservationForm.firstName;opid=__40","value":"","type":"T","name":"firstName"},{"id":"findReservationForm.lastName;opid=__41","value":"","type":"T","name":"lastName"},{"id":"findReservationForm.recordLocator;opid=__42","value":"","type":"T","name":"recordLocator"},{"id":"findReservationForm.submit;opid=__43","value":"Find your trip","type":"I","name":""},{"id":"flightNumber;opid=__47","value":"","type":"N","name":"flightNumber"},{"id":"flightStatusOriginAirport;opid=__48","value":"","type":"T","name":"originAirport"},{"id":"flightStatusDestinationAirport;opid=__49","value":"","type":"T","name":"destinationAirport"},{"id":"travelDate;opid=__50","value":"Thursday, October 12","type":"S","name":"travelDate"},{"id":"flightStatusView.submit;opid=__51","value":"Find flight","type":"I","name":""},{"id":"modal_deleteVPNRModalDialogClose;opid=__52","value":"Close window","type":"B","name":""},{"id":"modal_deleteVPNRModalDialogButton0;opid=__53","value":"OK","type":"B","name":""},{"id":"modal_deleteVPNRModalDialogButton1;opid=__54","value":"CANCEL","type":"B","name":""},{"id":"sessionTimeOutDialogClose;opid=__55","value":"Close window","type":"B","name":""},{"id":"sessionTimeOutDialogButton0;opid=__56","value":"Continue session","type":"B","name":""},{"id":"sessionTimeOutDialogButton1;opid=__57","value":"Close","type":"B","name":""},{"id":"sessionTimeOutDialogButton2;opid=__58","value":"Start over","type":"B","name":""},{"id":"airportLookupDialogClose;opid=__59","value":"Close window","type":"B","name":""},{"id":"countryCode;opid=__60","value":"","type":"S","name":"countryCode"},{"id":"stateCode;opid=__61","value":"","type":"S","name":"stateCode"},{"id":"airportLookupDialogButton0;opid=__62","value":"Close","type":"B","name":""}]},"uuid":"dj7de4s73vhftamnax5wfaldyy","updatedAt":1507848913,"createdAt":1507848908,"categoryUUID":"001","overview":{"title":"test AA.com","url":"https:\/\/www.aa.com\/homePage.do","ainfo":"123456","ps":46},"URLs":[{"overview":{"label":"website","url":"https:\/\/www.aa.com\/homePage.do"}}]}

(99% of that is irrelevant, but I wanted to give a concrete example.)

An older item I have contains data which is not present there:

"passwordHistory":[{"value":"mybadoldpassword","time":1464512104},{"value":"thispasswordisbadtoo","time":1464512110}],

So if you grab the JSON for the old item, you can simply transplant the passwordHistory section — or anything else you want — into the new one (provided you're not duplicating data). I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• flyingout
    flyingout
    Community Member

Great stuff. Thank you @brenty and @littlebobbytables. I wasn't aware of either the New Item from Clipboard or Copy JSON commands.

One aid I found right away was to hook the "python -m json.tool" command into a sufficiently advanced text editor to format the JSON text for much easier readability. On the Mac it can go into BBEdit with a bash wrapper and SubEthaEdit with an AppleScript wrapper.

I haven't tried to fix my entry yet, but a quick question: What makes the fill in of lastName fail on our old entries but work on the new one. In my case that field is defined identically.

{
                "name": "lastName",
                "type": "T",
                "value": "name"
            }

Is the order important? Some of the other fields have extraneous "id" tags and there are a couple additional items that may not apply any longer.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Great stuff. Thank you @brenty and @littlebobbytables. I wasn't aware of either the New Item from Clipboard or Copy JSON commands.

@flyingout: You're totally welcome! It's definitely a more advanced option, so we don't want to expose it by default and have people copying and pasting who-knows-what into an email by accident. It's hard to tell at a glance if there's something sensitive in there!

One aid I found right away was to hook the "python -m json.tool" command into a sufficiently advanced text editor to format the JSON text for much easier readability. On the Mac it can go into BBEdit with a bash wrapper and SubEthaEdit with an AppleScript wrapper.

That's really cool! Not a bad idea at all. :)

I haven't tried to fix my entry yet, but a quick question: What makes the fill in of lastName fail on our old entries but work on the new one. In my case that field is defined identically. Is the order important? Some of the other fields have extraneous "id" tags and there are a couple additional items that may not apply any longer.

1Password, for non-standard fields (e.g. not "username" or "password"), is just trying to match what it has to a ID in the form. And in this we're talking about loginform.lastname versus lastname. Seems silly, but we don't want 1Password being too "fuzzy", as it could have a negative impact on filling other sites.

This discussion has been closed.