Can I stop 1password (mac) from asking me to save passwords on certain sites?

I want to prevent 1p from constantly asking me if it can save my login information when developing web apps on my computer. Is there a way to stop it from asking me to save logins when logging into specific sites (i.e. localhost?)

Thanks.

1Password Version: 6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX 10.11
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2017

Hey @bjlawson,

Great question!

We absolutely have a way to have 1Password stop showing you the autosave prompt for certain sites (in your case localhost). The next time you see the Save Login prompt on a page you're using, you can click the gear icon in the lower-left corner of the dialog and choose Never Autosave for this Site:

Alternatively, open and unlock main 1Password app, select 1Password (from the menu bar) > Preferences, then click the Browser tab. There, you can enter localhost (or your IP address if your browsing to it instead) in the text box near the bottom, under "(except on the following domains)".

Here's how my 1Password Preferences look with both localhost and my statically assigned IP address added as an exception:

Let me know if that works for you!

ref: OPM-2702

• renanbr
    renanbr
    Community Member

Do we have any chance to get this configuration available also for chrome extension on Linux?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@renanbr: You should sign up and see how it develops...but remember: first rule of private beta is don't talk about it publicly. :tongue:

This discussion has been closed.