To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Upgrading my phone

Options
TDK1044
TDK1044
Community Member

Hi, I have a Families account and I'm about to upgrade my cell phone. To use the 1password app on the new phone, will it simply be a case of downloading the app and then entering my secret key and master password in order for my data to show up when I open it, or is there more to it than that?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• TDK1044
    TDK1044
    Community Member
    Options

Oops....I just saw this in another thread.

___"When you open 1Password on your phone for the first time, you are presented with a welcome screen. On the bottom half of that screen is a section called "Already using 1Password". The first entry in that section is for 1Password.com accounts. Tap that and you will be able to enter in your account information and login to access all your data." ___For get I said anything. :)

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @TDK1044,

Looks you you got it sorted out already, but let us know if you run into any trouble. :)

Cheers!

• TDK1044
    TDK1044
    Community Member
    Options

If I restore my i-cloud back up of all my apps onto the new phone, will 1password load as a brand new app, or as it is on my current phone just requiring my master password?

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@TDK1044,

You may need to select "1Password.com" if prompted, but then you'll just need to enter your Master Password and all your data will be there.

• TDK1044
    TDK1044
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks.

• On behalf of Khad, you're welcome. :)

• TDK1044
    TDK1044
    Community Member
    Options

FYI; the i cloud back up put all of my apps onto the new phone exactly as they were on the old i phone, so all I had to do with 1password was enter my master password and everything was there. :)

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@TDK1044 -- I want to say "that's great!", but let's check one thing before we break out the champagne. If you tap on the Vault Menu in the upper-right corner of your phone's screen, what do you see? Only your 1Password Families vaults, or do you see a vault called Primary (or anything else) as well?

• TDK1044
    TDK1044
    Community Member
    Options

Nope. I had deleted the primary vault a long time ago. It only shows my 1password family vaults. It's identical to the way it was on my old phone.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@TDK1044 -- great! Just making sure you didn't have any unneeded local vaults hanging around causing confusion. Enjoy the new phone!

This discussion has been closed.