1Password6 can't find backup settings

Options
edik
edik
Community Member

Hi, I can't find backup menu..I want to make encrypted backup to Dropbox, what sould I do. Thanks

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member
    edited October 2017
    Options

Hey there @edik :)
    How do you sync 1Password? Do you have a 1Password.com account or do you use a standalone sync method like Dropbox or iCloud?

If you have a 1Password.com membership, you don't need to worry about backups. They are done for you. That's one of the benefits of membership. :)

At least, as far as I know. I'm sure an AgileBits team member could expound on things I have missed.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@edik - if you are using local vaults, 1Password for Mac makes backups automatically for you. You can view them within 1Password by going to Preferences > Backups. If you click "Show Files," you'll open the actual folder in Finder where those backups are stored (in one of two locations, depending on whether you're using 1Password downloaded from us, or from the Mac App Store).

If you're referring to syncing your data, instead of static backup copies, that menu is located at Preferences > Sync. May I ask what you're trying to do? Are you just wanting to replicate your backups to Dropbox as a precaution in case or hard drive fails or your device is lost or stolen? Or are you trying to set up sync?

This discussion has been closed.