I have a 1password license but cannot activate 1password on my new computer after reinstalling it.

I have a 1password account but cannot figure out how to validate it after a clean install on my computer.

1Password Version: 3?
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.12.6
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:I have a 1password license but cannot activate 1password on my new computer after reinstalling it.

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@L_kiessling: Since you listed "Dropbox" as your "Sync type", are you sure you have a 1Password.com account? It sounds like you may be trying to login with a 1Password Account, but you will only have one if you've signed up for a 1Password.com membership. That’s the only way you’ll have a Secret Key or Sign In URL, or be able to access your data through 1Password.com. And you wouldn't be using Dropbox in that case either. So, if you're using 1Password without an account, you can sync your data from another device or create a new vault. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• L_kiessling
    L_kiessling
    Community Member

I meant to say that I purchased 1password and I cannot validate my license (not that I have an account).

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2017

@L_kiessling: Ah, thanks for clarifying! I don't see any licenses in our system under this address, but check your records as you'll have received a receipt regardless of where you purchased it. Did you purchase 1Password from the App Store? Great, then install it from there using the same Apple ID, which the purchase is tied to. Did you purchase it from the AgileBits Store? No problem, follow the instructions in your license email to install and register the app. And if you're still having trouble, just shoot us an email at support@1password.com with your purchase details and post the Support ID you receive here so we can help. Cheers! :)

ref: /XHA-32419-476

This discussion has been closed.