Having issues with Autolock, which requires me to frequently login during the day.

Options
speysider
speysider
Community Member

I have increased the autolock setting on the mini app to try to avoid this, but I am still locked out after 10 minutes because the 1Password website setting is for 10 minutes. I have changed and saved this value, but no changes have been saved to date. This situation causes LOTS of unneeded e-mails. How do I successfully increase the interval before the website autolocks me?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX 10.12.6
Sync Type: icloud
Referrer: forum-search:autolock

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@speysider: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! The auto-lock settings in the 1Password app and 1Password.com web interface are completely separate (and the browser extension is part of the app). So, you can change the auto-lock on 1Password.com in your browser, and that will determine how long before that locks automatically when you leave the window open without using it; whereas the auto-lock timer in 1Password for Mac will determine how long before the app locks when you are not using your computer. You can also customize many other options in 1Password for Mac Preferences > Security, so that, for instance, 1Password locks when you put the computer to sleep (handle for laptops, when you close the lid). I'm not sure what you mean about emails, but perhaps that is connected to your other posts. Good thing we don't pay per email, right? ;)

• speysider
    speysider
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for that reply. I'll not worry about the website setting as I usually use the app. There is a steep learning curve for this program, but it gets better. I think I had a hard time visualizing the whole architecture of your product and how the various parts interact. Thanks for the good work! Sorry for the other posts...I was feeling a bit desperate at the time,,,really wanted this to work! :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2017
    Options

Hey, no worries at all. You're totally welcome! We're here to help, so let us know if you have any questions while you're getting acquainted with 1Password. We're here for you! :chuffed:

ref: BHY-41481-439

This discussion has been closed.