To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Categories

Options
eric1982
eric1982
Community Member

Hello,

I have multiple passwords / logins for my clients, how can I save them under e.g. Customer A, Customer B etc.

So that I can keep the overview.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thank you so much.

Kind regards,
Eric

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:category

Comments

• Hi @eric1982,

The best way to handle that would be with Tags. You can add a tag to any item then you'll have a list of tags in the sidebar that you can select that will filter your items to show you only those that have that tag.

I hope this helps.

Rick

• eric1982
    eric1982
    Community Member
    Options

Hello Rick,

Thank you for your prompt reply. How can I enable the tags in the sidebar?

Thanks again for your help.

Kind regards,
    Eric

• mathieu_g
    mathieu_g
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@eric1982 If you are using 1Password mini, simply type "Customer A" when searching your vault and the list of your items having that tag should appear. If you are using the app on computer, there should be a tab called "Tags" right next the "Categories" one.

I hope this helps :).

• eric1982
    eric1982
    Community Member
    Options

@Mathieu_G thank you. I could not find a tab 'Tags' on the Mac version. Only the categories, all items and security. Do I have to enable something so that 'Tags' shows up in the tab bar?

Thank you.

Kind regards,
    Eric

• mathieu_g
    mathieu_g
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@eric1982 Oh I understand! I am using Windows and the apps are slightly different depending on your OS (by the way, next time it would be helpful if you could post on the Mac section of the forum :)). I did some research for you and here's what I can suggest:

• The Tags section in the left side bar of the app may be collapsed. If you put your mouse on the right side of the side bar, does it show "Show" or "Hide"? Try to see if you can expand the sidebar.

• Do you have several vaults in 1Password? If so, it seems that you need to select the Primary vault to see the Tags.

I hope that solves your problem. If not, let's wait for somebody who uses the Mac version :).

• eric1982
    eric1982
    Community Member
    Options

@Mathieu_G Thank you for your explanation. Sorry I didn't knew that I was on the Windows topic.

Both solutions did not work for the Mac, so I hope that a Mac user will pop up :)

• mathieu_g
    mathieu_g
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@eric1982 This is actually a general subforum called "Accounts". When you go the AgileBits Support forum, the Mac subforum is n°5 on the list :).

I'm really sorry that didn't work, I'm sure a Mac user or an AgileBits Team Member will be able to assist you really soon! :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2017
    Options

@eric1982: In 1Password for Mac, tags assigned to items in your vault(s) are listed under the "Tags" header:

I hope this helps. Be sure to let us know if you have any other questions! :)

• eric1982
    eric1982
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty thank you for you help. I could not find the 'tag' option on the left side. Do you know where I can enable it?
    Please find here the URL reflecting the screen how I see it: https://www.ericfernee.com/s/gE6ErdJ7CEkLsWU

Thanks again.

Kind regards,
    Eric

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @eric1982,

Have you created a tag by adding one to any of your items? After doing that, the Tags section will be available in the sidebar -- it doesn't exist without any tags to show up there. :)

• eric1982
    eric1982
    Community Member
    Options

@sjk Indeed, my apologizes, I used 'label' (translation from Dutch) instead of the real 'tags' field. It works and I am happy. Thank you all for your help and patience.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You're welcome, @eric1982 … on behalf of everyone who's helped you and happy you've got it working now. :)

This discussion has been closed.