To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Lost account access!

Options
marenm
marenm
Community Member

Hello,

I have a 1PW account that my previous employer bought for me and I have been using even after I left the company. It was a standalone license that was purchased for me. I was trying to use a different Dropbox account for syncing and it seems I accidentally deleted the file needed for backup from my Dropbox and am now unable to get into my 1PW account and can't access any of my passwords.

I realize I am probably not making much sense, but I don't even know where to start and what to do.

I appreciate any help!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• marenm
    marenm
    Community Member
    Options

I somehow was able to get back into my account and restore all my passwords.

However, I am still unable to access my account on my Android device. When I select Dropbox, I get the following error message:

Sync error
    The necessary file encryptionKeys.js is missing. Tap Details for information on resolving this issue.

If I tap "details" I get a 404.

• roustem
    edited October 2017
    Options

Are you able to unlock and see you data on your Mac/PC? In this case, try to change the master password and see if that helps with the problem on Android device.

When syncing with Dropbox, the app stores the encryption key in multiple files, including encryptionKey.js. Changing the master password should generate a new set of files and hopefully will solve the problem for you.

• marenm
    marenm
    Community Member
    Options

THANK YOU @roustem! All good now. Whew!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Excellent! Thanks for the update. On behalf of Roustem, you are most welcome! I'm glad to hear that all is well. It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. We're always here to help! :)

• roustem
    edited November 2017
    Options

Thank you for getting back to us, @marenm! I am happy you got it solved :)

ref: OPM-5310

This discussion has been closed.