To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

I previously had the 1password app but it disappeared and wouldnt allow me to download again.

kim61264
kim61264
Community Member

I really need those passwords. I've tried the website but I cant find my secret key anywhwere.
Thanks

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member

Hi @kim61264 :)
    Sorry for the trouble. What do you mean "wouldn't allow you to download again?" Could you give me a little more information such as what platform you are using (Mac, iOS, Windows, Android) and where you originally downloaded 1Password from? The more information you can give me about your situation, the better I can try and help you.

Thanks in advance. :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@kim61264: Just to clarify, it sounds like you may be trying to login with a 1Password Account, but you will only have one if you've signed up for a 1Password.com membership. That’s the only way you’ll have a Secret Key or Sign In URL, or be able to access your data through 1Password.com. (Un)fortunately AgileBits doesn't ever have either your Secret Key or Master Password, as that wouldn't be very secure at all. The Master Password is chosen by you, and the Secret Key is generated locally on your device. Neither is ever transmitted.

We don't have access to your data can't recover either of these for you, so I hope you're able to find your Emergency Kit, or have another authorized device where you can view your Secret Key. Otherwise it will not be possible to login to your 1Password Account. Do you have a device where you can access your data?

Alternatively, if you're part of a 1Password Family or Team, another Owner, Organizer, or Admin can help you recover your account, so you can create a new Secret Key and Master Password:

https://support.1password.com/recovery/#begin-recovery

If you really do not have your account credentials (or some one to recover them for you) though, you will need to start over. Please let me know how it turns out. I look forward to hearing back from you!

This discussion has been closed.