How to share notes in "Shared Vault" that contain attached files?

Options
THX1965
THX1965
Community Member

I am trying to move a note which has 2 attached PDF files (yes, "added" not "linked") into our Shared family vault. 1Password warns me that my "referenced items" will be lost (I thought these files are attached and NOT referenced??? That was already confusing.). When I moved the note the two attached files were indeed deleted. I found the two PDF files in my Private Vault. So I moved them to my Shared Vault as well. But that of course didn't "undelete" them from the note.

Am I doing something wrong, or is this indeed one of the more complicated things when dealing with the Shared Vault? What is the correct procedure here when dealing with added files.

Thanks.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:sharing notes with files

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@THX1965: They're not "attached" to anything; Documents are separate items, used to store files in your account (instead of only textual data in other items). You can copy or move items to a different vault, shared or otherwise, but links between them are not maintained when you do this. You can, however, relink them in 1Password for Mac afterward. I prefer moving items to shared vaults rather than copying, since it can be confusing to have multiple copies in different places, which may diverge over time as people use them and make changes. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions!

This discussion has been closed.