To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Need help migrating data to new 1Password Families account [conversation moved to email]

Options
RickStew
RickStew
Community Member
edited October 2017 in Memberships

Have had the free app for a long time. I just purchased family and now I can NOT move the data to the desktop. How in gods name do I move the data on the phone to the new family account!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have watched all videos etc!!!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:can't get the data from my iphone free app to the desktop family I just purchased!!!

Comments

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member
    Options

Hello @RickStew :)
    Sorry for the trouble. You're having issues migrating your data to your new 1Password account? According to what you have said, your data is currently on your phone, correct? If so, the process for migrating will be done on your phone and can be found here. Just click the iOS button for instructions for your phone.

If you've already tried following that guide, which step are you having troubles with? What have you tried doing and what does (or doesn't) happen when you try it? The more information you can provide, the better.

Hope that helps. Let me know how everything goes. :)

• RickStew
    RickStew
    Community Member
    Options

I tried this repeatedly! It says already set up. Only 28 have crossed ove. How do I get them to be visible on the desktop version?

• RickStew
    RickStew
    Community Member
    Options

Now it looks like I have a lot of duplicates too...!
    Is there no service where tech support can speak or remote in, even if I wanted to pay?

• RickStew
    RickStew
    Community Member
    Options

The video says move TO AN IPHONE not from an iPhone? I need to get all the items from my iPhone to my desktop version

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member
    Options

@RickStew You're not actually moving it to your desktop computer, you're migrating the data to your 1Password Families account which both your Desktop and phone have access to. If your desktop hasn't actually added your account yet, you will have to set that up on your desktop

As for the migration not working properly, you can either try to migrate them manually or an AgileBits team member will be by soon to help you out further.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@RickStew: Thanks for reaching out. I’m really sorry for the confusion and trouble you've been having! Unfortunately the reality is that providing quality phone support is difficult under the best circumstances...and it definitely isn't feasible with a free app — unless we did something shady like selling customer information. We don't do that, so we depend on people paying for 1Password in order for us to develop, test, and support it. And frankly it's almost impossible to exchange highly technical information over the phone anyway, so we help everyone here in the support forum and via email. I see that you've also contacted us via email separately, and since David has already replied to your latest message let's continue the conversation there to avoid further confusion and help you get things sorted out.

ref: RWC-69397-691

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited October 2017
    Options

@RickStew, Unless it's local, I would have thought email would be a better option. Or this forum.

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni
    Options

wkleem: As you know, based on your activity here, we are much better equipped to get back to folks quickly over email or this forum.

I hope you have a pleasant week. :)

--
    Andrew Beyer (Ann Arbor, MI)
    Lifeline @ AgileBits

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

@beyer: I know, which is why I found it odd to not do email or this support forum first. Anyway I hope the issue gets resolved.

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni
    Options

We are on it! :+1: :)

--
    Andrew Beyer (Ann Arbor, MI)
    Lifeline @ AgileBits

This discussion has been closed.