Unable to download firefox extension on MAC

Hi,
When I try to download the extension from your website, firefox first blocks the download and asks for confirmation. After I click allow the download starts a new message comes up stating that the download could not be completed because the connection was lost.
I have tried disabling all other extensions and security/privacy settings, restarted, etc. with the same result.
I'm running Firefox 56.0 (64 bit).

1Password Version: 6.8.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.10.5
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hello @Zendikite,

The most probable cause is anti-virus software on your Mac. We see this a bit and there is a workaround.

1. Visit https://agilebits.com/onepassword/extensions in a different browser (Safari, Chrome or Chromium based browsers).
    2. Click the Show all extensions link.
    3. Click the Install button for Firefox.
    4. This will download a XPI file to your downloads folder or wherever this browser is set to download to.
    5. In Firefox visit the page about:addons and if needed select Extensions from the menu down the left hand side.
    6. Drag and drop the XPI file downloaded by step 3. onto this page.

This will allow you to sidestep the connection failure and install the extension. If you're still running into difficulties please let us know.

• Zendikite
    Zendikite
    Community Member

Thank you, this worked.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@Zendikite -- On behalf of littlebobbytables, thanks for the update; we're glad to hear it!

This discussion has been closed.