Item history lost when copying items between vaults

Manaburner
Manaburner
Community Member

Today, I've copied some items between vaults in my family account in the iPhone app. Afterwards I looked in the web app and saw that the item history is lost when you copy an item from one vault to another.
Is that a bug or is it just the way this is currently working? Was it always that way?
I'm confused :)

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• I believe that it always worked that way because it essentially creates a new item in the receiving vault and deletes the item in the old vault.

The password history section that is stored within the item should be copied over.

• Manaburner
    Manaburner
    Community Member

Ok. Is that also the case when you’re copying the item rather than moving? Because the original is still in the source vault

• Yes. This is how it is implemented at the moment. The client app creates a brand new copy of the item and saves it in the vault.

It would be nicer if the server could move the item between the vaults but all encryption is performed on the client and every vault has its own encryption key. It means that the client has to do most of the work.

• Manaburner
    Manaburner
    Community Member

Ok thank you for the explanation.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

On behalf of roustem, you're quite welcome. :)

This discussion has been closed.