To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Move items from an archive on my computer to an archive on the 1password cloud

kenoli
kenoli
Community Member

I have seven items that were saved to an archive on my computer and I want to move them to an archive on the 1password cloud. How do I do that?

I have gotten quite twisted up trying to move to this subscription approach, with archives here and archives there.

--Kenoli

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• kenoli
    kenoli
    Community Member

Missing info:
    extension version: ???
    1password 6
    Mac OS 10.12.6
    Synched over the cloud (I think). I can still access the items in the local archive from the computer they are located on. But I can also access the items on the vaults on the cloud.

• @kenoli: When you migrate your standalone data to a new 1Password account, 1Password will copy this data rather than moving it (just in case something goes wrong), so you will need to remove your original vault once everything has migrated over. If you don't remove the old vault and have it set as your default vault for saving, you will find that new items still save to your old vault. You can find instructions to move items missing from your 1Password, account here.

Once you've moved everything over, I'd double check that you have everything you need in your account by signing in on 1Password.com. If all is well, you can remove your old vault. On Mac, choose 1Password menu > Switch to vault > Primary, then choose 1Password menu > Delete Vault ...

If you have other devices that need to be set up with your account, you can find instructions to do so here. Of course, if you have any questions along the way, we're here to help. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.