Cannot empty trash in a shared vault

Manaburner
Manaburner
Community Member

Hi,
I'm currently testing 1Password.eu and I deleted an item with User 1 (Family Organizer) in the "Shared" vault. User 2 was logged in on a separate device while the item was deleted by User 1. When I try to empty the trash as User 2 (regular family member), I get the error message "Incorrect version value has been sent".
When I logout as User 2 and log back in, I can empty the trash without a problem.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• @Manaburner : this would happen if somehow user 2's session didn't get notified of the change when user1 did it. Do you mind trying to reproduce this? If it reproduces we'll look into it and figure out what's going on.

Rick

• Manaburner
    Manaburner
    Community Member

Hi @rickfillion I just reproduced it.

1. User 2 copies an item from his private vault to the shared vault using the web app in Firefox 56.0 (64 Bit) on Windows 10
    2. User 1 logs in on the 1Password.eu family account on the iPhone using the 1Browser inside the 1Password app.
    3. User 1 opens the "Shared" vault and deletes the item
    4. User 2, still logged in, opens the "Shared" vault via the vault selector at the top of the screen
    5. User 2 clicks on the Trash and clicks "Empty trash".
    6. User 2 gets the error message "Failed to empty trash: Incorrect Version value has been sent."

Is that enough or do you need more details?

• Thanks @Manaburner.

1Password webapp inside of 1Browser on an iPhone... that sounds painful. :)

I'm going to attempt to reproduce this on my end... it's entirely possible that I broke this while doing changes last week or the week before.

I'll let you know what I find out.

Rick

• @Manaburner,

Hrmm... I'm unable to reproduce this. Do you think you could flip user1/user2's role here? From what you're describing, it sounds like the firefox user isn't getting connected to the notifier. So instead let's have the firefox user trash the item, and the iphone user try to empty the trash.

I did my testing here using Safari and Chrome on a Mac. Both are correctly connecting to the notifier and are working correctly.

Rick

• Manaburner
    Manaburner
    Community Member

@rickfillion
    I swapped the roles. When the iPhone user tries to move the item to trash, I get the same error message "Incorrect Version...".

• @Manaburner,

Ok... you mentioned 1Password.eu. Let me try there. I tried on my development build of the server assuming that it would behave the same.

Rick

• @Manaburner,

I tested with a new .eu account and I'm not seeing an issue still. In Firefox, can you look in the javascript console to see if there's any errors getting logged?

Rick

• Manaburner
    Manaburner
    Community Member

Hi @rickfillion
    I found the solution to the problem and an apology from me to you is due here.
    While I was testing all this, I've had established a VPN connection on the computer of the Firefox user. I forgot about that I had it running.
    When I disabled that one and connected directly to the internet, deleting items and emptying the trash went flawless.
    So again: sorry that I have caused so much effort on your side.

• Aha... yea that'd do it.

No worries, I'm just happy that we (you) figured this out. Chasing after possible bugs is always worth the effort.

Don't hesitate to send anything else our way. :)

Rick

This discussion has been closed.